Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Protecting cards when mailing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey everyone, I received a trade in the mail today. Im not going to say from who. Im going to give them time to rectify the situation. But seen there was no protection for the card other than bubble mailer, penny sleeve, and top loader, but nothing for rigidity. The card is bent and creased. Worthless now...

[Image: ABE1288F-25F5-4BCC-BB1F-680A940E207A-102...125d11.jpg]
[Image: DEEAD548-3EAD-4442-A9C2-88F514EE1717-102...9c1c86.jpg]
Please put a sort of rigid piece whether it be a decoy, or piece of cardboard, to protect from bending. Not mad, just want to bring this sort of issue to light. thanks
Wow. I've never seen that. I always use a decoy (when I was still working in the glass shop I made my own from plexiglass) unless the cards themselves can act sort of as a fagot (look it up) and remain strong against this.

Jeez, sorry to see that. Hope it all ends well.
yeah whenever i sent one card by itself i always put a decoy on both sides of the card and put it in a team bag.
I understand the frustration and yes there should be something more rigid than a single card to stop the bending. However, I should be pointed out that from the perspective from the person sending it, Canada post prices has a lot to do with thickness. If it doesn't fit through the Second size slot the it goes from being considered a package to a parcel and up another $5-$8 or so in price. To put those decoys in every package is a killer. I guess it just goes to show why trading online is getting more and more difficult.
But just to save afew dollars? Now they will be out that card, plus whatever we work out. Im sure it wouldve costed less to spend the extra and protect it with rigidity. Oh well, lesson to all that heed my post.
(02-20-2013, 06:30 PM)johlix Wrote: [ -> ]But just to save afew dollars? Now they will be out that card, plus whatever we work out. Im sure it wouldve costed less to spend the extra and protect it with rigidity. Oh well, lesson to all that heed my post.
Agree with Johlix totally, especially when sending GU cards. I can't believe that people will send out multi-layer cards, which crease with the slightest amount of flexing, without any stiffener at all.

And check this out... got this in the mail recently...

[Image: crackedloader_zps9bc88182.jpg]

A thick toploader with about 5 cards and one decoy in it. Look about an inch up from the bottom right corner, where it looks black, it got bent enough to crack it all the way through, you can maybe see a crack running down toward the bottom and across, and two more cracks going diagonally upwards to the left. Thanks to the decoy, all the cards in this package arrived undamaged!!!

And it's been a while, but here's a nice /20 emblem card I got packed only in a toploader, nicely creased on the right side of the emblem window.....

[Image: pyattemblem.jpg]
(02-20-2013, 06:20 PM)runfromabear Wrote: [ -> ]I understand the frustration and yes there should be something more rigid than a single card to stop the bending. However, I should be pointed out that from the perspective from the person sending it, Canada post prices has a lot to do with thickness. If it doesn't fit through the Second size slot the it goes from being considered a package to a parcel and up another $5-$8 or so in price. To put those decoys in every package is a killer. I guess it just goes to show why trading online is getting more and more difficult.
A decoy added to 1 or 2 cards still lets it go through the thickness dealie. I've not found a bubble mailer yet that goes against this. The plexiglass ones I used to cut myself were thicker than most decoys and two of those still let it go through.
Just sayin'
I think if the card was sent in a penny sleeve And a top loader put in a bubble mailer. And it came bent and damaged. Your issue should be with the postal service not the guy that sent the card. I have gotten trades sent to me in a plain white envelope with the top loaders. Now then if they came damaged i wojld blame the trader. If you try and hose this guy with bad feedback. Or make him give you something extra. I dont think thats fair. Its my opinion he done what was needed to send the card and it was the postal service that screwed you.
Well, I usually don't add decoy's in my packages but I have never had a problem yet either. Perhaps, I will have to start thinking about that for future mailings.
Franklin! No ones hosing anyone, the post office would just say it shouldve been insured. Period. and im not threatening anyone with negative feedback. Ive talked with this individual and we are working it out. The pictures are proof positive and I shouldn't be hosed myself thank you very much.
Pages: 1 2 3