Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Building some shelving to display my PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am in the process of converting a spare bedroom in my house into an office. I figured this would be a perfect oppurtunity to get some of my favorites out of the box and on display. I picked up some basic materials today and started to mess around. I have to return to the hardware store tomorrow to finish it up.

Sorry for the poor picks, there was too much stuff on the floor for me to get a good angle.

Details:
The top shelf has albums where I keep my sets, and there will be boxes of trade bait. Then below that you will see the shelving I built. In the gap in the middle will be a bigger shelf where I will display a 2008 Championship Basketball and a pair of shoes I have. That shelf will also allow me to display some of my personal favorites. I am also going to add another 12 inch card shelf right above that basketball. You will see the tape holding them in place from when I was hammering. This closet is on the backside of a staircase, so it will probably stay as protection from the running up and down the stairs shaking the walls. The cards on the side of the closet simply have velcro on the back of the magnetic holders. Eventually the main display will be only graded cards, with the sides being the non-graded items.

[Image: P1010408_zpsffb16283.jpg]

[Image: P1010413_zps8daf0b3e.jpg]

[Image: P1010412_zps96fdd746.jpg]

[Image: P1010411_zps4d3181a6.jpg]

[Image: P1010410_zps07a51c8f.jpg]

[Image: P1010409_zps846340c9.jpg]
Nice start, I would consider laying some black velvet between the wood slats, it really make the cards pop.
Nice idea...are u leaving the scotch tape on them? They might fall.

I had ideas and tried many things in the past until i found this glass display case for my man cave:

[Image: IMG_0431_zpsa8b0e92f.jpg]

Paid 70 ish for the display and lighting. I have since added more MJ'sSmile
I'm guessing the wife is making you put them in the closet? Still a good start and easier than pulling them all from boxes when you want to have a look. I am thinking of doing something myself once I get my current PC project close to finished.
Actually no the wife doesn't care where they are, just that I don't spend a lot of cash displaying them. The closet is just available space so I figured it would be a good place for them. Having doors that close keeps the sun out and unwanted visitors away. I need to paint the closet and may consider going black as suggested and I want to put a basic LED light strip under that top shelf.

I may have access soon to a six foot locking glass case which will either replace this or add to it. I have to see if a buddy of men is willing to part with it.
(02-12-2013, 08:57 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice idea...are u leaving the scotch tape on them? They might fall.

I had ideas and tried many things in the past until i found this glass display case for my man cave:

[Image: IMG_0431_zpsa8b0e92f.jpg]

Paid 70 ish for the display and lighting. I have since added more MJ'sSmile
What are you using to stand the BGS graded cards?
I got them on the bay...just type Ultra PRO card holder stands. I orderd a bunch. The ones i ordered came 5 per bag as shown below. They are really neat and do the cards justice. U can display just about every type of holder or casing...
[Image: 20130212_192116_zps278a24b8.jpg]
(02-12-2013, 09:27 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: [ -> ]I got them on the bay...just type Ultra PRO card holder stands. I orderd a bunch. The ones i ordered came 5 per bag as shown below. They are really neat and do the cards justice. U can display just about every type of holder or casing...
[Image: 20130212_192116_zps278a24b8.jpg]
Did you get that display case after, i posted some info and a pic on how to set it up a few months ago???

I would recomed removing the light you have at the top and replace it with Ikea dioder 4 strip set up under each shelf...

Also, i would get the Ultra pro 2 peace stands that are adjustable, sooooo much better then the regular kind...
Then you can set it up like this.....
[Image: IMG_0965.jpg]
Ok ok if u insist [Image: EA4B914F-06BE-4616-AFA2-135D999B47FF-135...630b08.jpg]
This isn't a actual picture of mine, but I have 2 wall mount displays like this, a 30 cards for BGS and a 50 for top loaders.

[Image: KGrHqQOKnUE4Kwm1idBOMElbZDFg0_1_zps2d163a91.jpg]
(02-13-2013, 03:36 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you get that display case after, i posted some info and a pic on how to set it up a few months ago???

I would recomed removing the light you have at the top and replace it with Ikea dioder 4 strip set up under each shelf...

Also, i would get the Ultra pro 2 peace stands that are adjustable, sooooo much better then the regular kind...
Then you can set it up like this.....
[Image: IMG_0965.jpg]
Lol...yea i actually did get rid if the lighting and went with and LED set up ..it' s actually an older pic.

I remember saying i was gonna go to IKEA to c what they had. Under 70 bucks i grabbed my display. It wasnt until a couple of weeks later i bought the stands. I might have to buy the adjustable ones because those look sick. I like the eay you can fill all of the spacing...good job!
Pages: 1 2