Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Help deciding on a trade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a trader who wants this card. It's #'d /15.

[Image: e371a915-9474-4f2b-9e68-e188f4cb1648_zps6dc581a8.jpg]

Pretty nice card, but I don't care about keeping it. I have had a lot of offers, but I feel like I need to get a JSY/auto of a HOF player in return for it. He doesn't have anything around the same level. He has some lower BV AUTOs and some higher BV AUTO's, just nothing that would be a good match for both of us. He does have a 2009-10 SP Game Used Michael Jordan/Magic Johnson Dual GU /499. We are pretty close on the BV but not sure this is a good trade. I am not getting an auto in return and Jordan and Magic are not really PC for me. Well I am trying to add one Jordan GU to my PC but I already have 3 or 4 Magic GU. I am just not sure a HOF dual JSY/Auto is worth a HOF dual JSY.

Opinions?
Frankly, people go nuts for Jordan and Magic, so you could probably get a nice PC piece pretty quick if you decided to take it. I'd expect it to go a little more in your favor though, because in my personal opinion he's getting the better deal.

That being said, too bad my HOF football was decimated this week, or I'd definitely tell you to pass him up and trade it to me Tongue

(PMing you right now about our bulk deal btw!)
If u had an on card auto on ur hands then yea...me personally? I would let it go for the jsy card. I just hate sticker autos.
If you feel the Jordan/Magic isn't enough see if you can take it plus maybe another card. Can't hurt to ask if he's willing to part with another piece of tradbait or something.
Personally, I trade off of want and BV. The features of a card are a secondary issue for me. It might be just me but I don't value autos anything beyond the BV of the card. That being said, a $200 auto is not equal to four $50 non-autos. If you were looking to add an MJ GU anyway I wouldnt see how the trade would hurt. THat's just me though.
Everyone is making some good points. One thing I look at too is the scarcity of the card. Only 15 of these made and there were several people trying to complete the set. I was one of them and had about 20 of these for awhile. I finally decided with a print run of 25 or less they were just to hard to find and sold a bunch of them off around christmas time.