Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Ebay Global Shipping Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not believe ive seen this discussed on the beckett basketball forum yet. I just signed up for it. http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html
This is pretty interesting. Just to be clear though, from your understanding it is of no additional cost to the seller, correct? The buyer is paying for shipping to the US shipping center and then paying for shipping from the US shipping center to his house.
I believe that is correct, a potential buyer can enter their country on the auction and it gives them an estimate for shipping from the distribution center.
So ebay is setting up a legit escrow for international sales at the cost of the buyer? I love it.
classy huh lol
I was trying to figure out a way to counteract the doubling of international shipping costs and the absolute headache it was going to be to update all my listings. It looks like you found my solution for me.
To be honest it is a rip off !! I experienced it recently when I bought a bgs 9 mj pmg for $1150, then eBay charged me $280 ontop for shipping and customs clearance which was a complete joke and rip off, I'm always happy to pay for registered post with insurence, I live in Australia and buy from the USA all the time, It puts me off buying any cards at all due to the ridiculous extra cost from eBay shipping
(02-10-2013, 05:56 AM)Topgun1983 Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest it is a rip off !! I experienced it recently when I bought a bgs 9 mj pmg for $1150, then eBay charged me $280 ontop for shipping and customs clearance which was a complete joke and rip off, I'm always happy to pay for registered post with insurence, I live in Australia and buy from the USA all the time, It puts me off buying any cards at all due to the ridiculous extra cost from eBay shipping
A very bad move from Ebay. The list of countries that you're allowed to ship to is very small. That means that many sellers will limit the countries from which your are allowed to bid on their auction to that list. The result will be fewer bidders. Based on Topgun's experience even fewer bidders from countries on the list...
According to the site, you should have received an email with shipping info. It also says to contact the site if you have any questions with the shipping. "Best Way" usually means the cheapest way for them to send. That is usually www.parcelbound.com
it looks like they are adding several asian countries, should be good for sells.