Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2013 Topps Hobby w/ Ultimate Chase hit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I debated for an hour today whether I would go out in the 25 degree weather to pick a new Topps box to "think spring".

Went to the LCS a half hour before it closed and walked away with a 2013 Topps hobby box & 1999 UD Retro Lunchbox still sealed w/ all 24 packs. Auto's were included at a rate of 1:23, so w/ 24 packs I figured I could get a swanky auto.

No dice...I was lucky enough to pull the Sean Casey auto redemption that expired in 2000. Cue sad trombone Sad

I carried on to break the 2013 hobby box, and with 5 sealed packs left I got the auto from the box, a Dwight Gooden. I was actually content with that.

The very next pack opened had something familiar looking- the dreaded light blue redemption look. It was odd as I just got the autograph, so I kinda thought it might be some new Topps promotion thing with codes & nothing concrete and rewarding.

As I read it I was puzzled as to what it was until I actually had to say it out loud for me to register "Ultimate Chase Auto/Bat Knob of Al Kaline".

It sounded great! Anyone know if it is a one of one? (based off other pulls????)
Wow!! It's for sure a 1/1. Throw that bad boy on ebay!
Al Kaline only has 3 cards in '13. Each is a 1/1.
http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=2013+al+kaline
And as tigers fans....im sure wed both give you w.e you want for it!
Also, according to the guy who's selling the Ernie Banks chase, the odds of pulling one are 1 in 789,982 packs. So, basically a once in a lifetime pull. Congrats!
ha, didn't even think to check the online CL. wow!!!!! yeah, this is THE best pull I ever had. I kinda want to see it up close and personal...but I'm sure there are Kaline fans (or Detroit fans as well) that want this too. Hmmm...
I would bet that selling it as a redemption now while the product is new will fetch way more than if you waited for the live card. Sweet pull! Go buy a lottery ticket now!
Congrats!
WOW!! Nice pull. Sell that thing and don't buy anymore wax haha
looking at the checklist Kaline has 3 different Ultimate Chase cards TCU-10, TCU-18, and TCU-27

Congrats on the pull Smile
(02-02-2013, 10:23 PM)jdberia Wrote: [ -> ]I would bet that selling it as a redemption now while the product is new will fetch way more than if you waited for the live card. Sweet pull! Go buy a lottery ticket now!
I agree with this comment. -If you're going to sell, now is the best time. The '13 product is brand new and interest is high. You'll get a premium price right now (especially because there's only one other chase card for sale). Pretty soon there will be 5-10 listed, which might dilute interest a bit. At any rate, no matter what you decide to do (or when you decide to do it), it's a great card that's worth a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3