Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: MJ Flea Market Pick-Ups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Wife was looking for something for outside so we went to a flea market. Being a card guy I know that is a decent and cheap way to add to the collection. I saw one table that had about 15 cards. The person who was manning the table was selling them for a friend who "just wanted to get something" out of the cards. All of the cards were in screw down cases with pricing written on them. The price on the front of the case had the amount that the person wanted. The price on the back was the book value(presumably from when the dude looked them up).
[Image: FleaMarket25Bucks_zps7f34cc4a.jpg]
I paid $1 for the Kobe and $2 per for the Jordans. The listed BV were consistant with current BV.

[Image: FleaMarket25bucklot_zps4f451939.jpg]
I paid $10 per for these. The listed BV were $60 on the metal and $40 on the SK.
The metal is actually in very good shape. The SK would probably grade 8-8.5 but for $10 it was worth the money(I don't collect much Jordan so I am hoping to trade these).
Nice stuff...i'll trade u for those. Interested in a Kobe patch card?

[Image: 25.jpg]

If so, ill add it fir trade....
Wow is all i can say. I wish i could get lucky like this. The twenty you spent on both wouldn't even get you the scoring kings card now on eBay.....
?? ^^ Ye or ne?
Would it be the kobe for both mj's? If I looked the kobe up right(not sure if I looked up the right card) I am pretty sure I could get a better offer out of this.
I'm about to move to your city lol. Seems like you are always getting good deals or great pulls from you LCS.
(01-27-2013, 07:01 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be the kobe for both mj's? If I looked the kobe up right(not sure if I looked up the right card) I am pretty sure I could get a better offer out of this.
I have another kobe patch too. Both added together BV is 400...here is the other one (the bv is higher). I can add them to my org if we make a deal happen.

[Image: 100.jpg]

So yea...both Kobe patch cards...
Wow that is just sick! I'm not sure I have the juice to get both of them though.
(01-27-2013, 07:27 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm about to move to your city lol. Seems like you are always getting good deals or great pulls from you LCS.
These ones I just lucked in to. I was only there because of my wife and the cards just caught my eye. Pretty weird to be honest. The top card in the stack was a grant hill Finest RC. I would have grabbed that had I not seen the MJs.
(01-27-2013, 06:03 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow is all i can say. I wish i could get lucky like this. The twenty you spent on both wouldn't even get you the scoring kings card now on eBay.....
I got very lucky for very little money too. The only way I could have been any luckier is if I Had gotten something that I really wanted for myself.
Ok I need to say that I didn't figure these would get that much attention. How rare were these cards?
I'ts not that they are rare...i have the SK and need the Metal, but figured since u r trading them why not offer some Kobe cards that I do not collect.
Pages: 1 2