Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT: Stan Musial Eulogy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know most die-hard fans have seen this already but I'm just getting around to it.

(01-26-2013, 07:01 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: [ -> ]I know most die-hard fans have seen this already but I'm just getting around to it.
Bob Costas also did "The Mick's" Eulogy when he passed away.
(01-26-2013, 07:22 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: [ -> ]Bob Costas also did "The Mick's" Eulogy when he passed away.
He talks about that during this one. Class act.
Watched the whole thing live, got a little teary eyed a couple times.
(01-26-2013, 07:45 PM)phreakyq Wrote: [ -> ]Watched the whole thing live, got a little teary eyed a couple times.
Join the club. When Costas can't hold it together then there's no hope for me haha
(01-26-2013, 07:46 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: [ -> ]Join the club. When Costas can't hold it together then there's no hope for me haha
We were all in tears here. The whole ceremony was moving, but yes, Costas really did well. Loved the bit about when he was delivering Mantles eulogy and while scanning the faces, saw Stan sitting there, alone, not in the VIP...
I started welling up. All right, a few tears rolled out.
(01-27-2013, 10:11 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: [ -> ]I started welling up. All right, a few tears rolled out.
Nothing wrong with that lol