Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Error Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an error Upper Deck card from the 1994 Denny's Hologram set that I found in some old baseball cards that I had from when I was a kid. The card has Ken Griffey Jr on the hologram side but has David Justice on the non hologram side. I have done some searching and calling around but it seems that no one has heard that this card exists. I am just trying to get some info and find out how much it is worth. Thanks
Maybe 2 cards are stuck together Smile

I dont see any errors listed for that card just the normal one
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1994/den...jr-4055143
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Sports-Tradin...-Error.htm

I found this online. Hope it helps.

If you're interested in trading it I will give $10 trade value for it.
I think cards like this are generally referred to as a printing flaw rather than an error. A misprint occurs, for example, when no foil stamping is included in the Topps logo, or if the back of a card is left blank. Basically, something happened in the printing process where a step was missed.

An error, on the other, hand is where something went wrong in the design process. Like calling Cal Ripken Jr. a pitcher, rather than SS. Sometimes a limited print run of such cards will go out before they are corrected in subsequent batches. Generally, very few of the error cards make it to market and, as a result, they are rare (compared to the corrected version).
(01-24-2013, 07:27 PM)uvaspina Wrote: [ -> ]I think cards like this are generally referred to as a printing flaw rather than an error. A misprint occurs, for example, when no foil stamping is included in the Topps logo, or if the back of a card is left blank. Basically, something happened in the printing process where a step was missed.

An error, on the other, hand is where something went wrong in the design process. Like calling Cal Ripken Jr. a pitcher, rather than SS. Sometimes a limited print run of such cards will go out before they are corrected in subsequent batches. Generally, very few of the error cards make it to market and, as a result, they are rare (compared to the corrected version).
I should add that sometimes a printing flaw simply detracts from a card. In your case, your misprint resulted in two popular players appearing on the same card. I'm sure there's plenty of Griffey/Justice collectors who would be glad to have it. They're probably not going to pay big bucks though.
What uvaspina said is spot-on.
Its a wrong back, or wrong front whichever way you want to look at it lol
Thanks for the feedback.