Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: ReGrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have seen BCCG does not get much love in the grading space. Would it be better to have Beckett Re-Grade the card using BGS? The card is in great shape and is a BCCG 10 but I also heard BGS can be more strict and I could end up a 9 or 9.5.
You may end up as low as 7. BCCG is not a very comprehensive process. It is tough to tell what it will translate to. You vey well may have a 9.5 on your hands, but I would not plan on it. If it is a PC piece and you are fine with it as is I would leave it. If you hope to sell it I would have it regarded or simply crack the case and keep it raw. I would plan on getting it back an 8 and be happy with anything higher.
(01-22-2013, 10:02 AM)Jbittman Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen BCCG does not get much love in the grading space. Would it be better to have Beckett Re-Grade the card using BGS? The card is in great shape and is a BCCG 10 but I also heard BGS can be more strict and I could end up a 9 or 9.5.
Read the label, BCCG gives a grading range...it is not a detailed card examination.
Doesn't it say Mint or better on the label? Mint = 9......So it could be a 9 or better.
Go to the grading section and read about the grading scale.
Now examine your card closely....what do you think?

says 9 mint or better. Card looks great and sharp edges. Just not sure if it is the way I want to go and get a more "REPUTABLE" grader on the card. Maybe it would be best to wait till Chicago and have them do a raw grade?
What is the card? Can you post a pic? Getting it regraded really depends on the card itself.
IMO BCCG means absolutely nothing. If I see one of these cards I don't look at the grade at all, I only look at the card and it's condition. If it looks MINT to me and the price is right I buy it. But the first thing I do when I get it home is crack it out of that cheap case. They don't even put it in a sealed toploader. They just don't put forth the same time and effort when grading BCCG cards.

I have even been involved in a situation where I bought a BCCG Jordan RC and after looking it over I was 95% sure it was a fake. I have bought 2 fake Jordan RC's before and was lucky enough to get my money back, but I should not have to worry when the card is graded by beckett regardless of the service level. This probably happened with some new kid just starting out with the company and learning how to grade cards, but even then it should never happen.
(01-22-2013, 11:17 PM)briankort Wrote: [ -> ]IMO BCCG means absolutely nothing. If I see one of these cards I don't look at the grade at all, I only look at the card and it's condition.
Ditto. I look at the card myself, but I can rest assured it would probably not grade at the same high level someplace else. If I really want the card, I will grab it, but the grade means little to me when it comes from BCCG.