Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: i want to know more about beehives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ya i know, im vague, but i have one currently and im looking at getting more...where did they come from? Why does the set cover nearly 20 years? Did they come on these cardstock like backgrounds? Why are they so cheap? Etc. Thanks in advance!
In the wild, bees make their hives inside hollow trees or caves. Domestic bees live in hives made by humans, usually of wood or straw. I believe you are asking how the honeycomb is made, and that is something the bees make themselves. Young worker bees make the wax in special glands on the bottom side of their abdomens. It forms thin scales on the abdomen, and the bees chew that until it is pliable and use it to form honeycomb.
[Image: beehive-1.jpg]

This?

[Image: lady_gaga_purple_beehive_hairstyle.jpg]

This?

You are being kinda vague...

(01-22-2013, 06:52 AM)shezdoni Wrote: [ -> ]In the wild, bees make their hives inside hollow trees or caves. Domestic bees live in hives made by humans, usually of wood or straw. I believe you are asking how the honeycomb is made, and that is something the bees make themselves. Young worker bees make the wax in special glands on the bottom side of their abdomens. It forms thin scales on the abdomen, and the bees chew that until it is pliable and use it to form honeycomb.
HA! love it. Well played.
Haha, you guys are jerks.
....and to think i was so excited to see ACTUAL answers...grrrrrrrrrr, ok in all seriousness that was well played lol
(01-22-2013, 04:08 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]....and to think i was so excited to see ACTUAL answers...grrrrrrrrrr, ok in all seriousness that was well played lol
To answer your original question, I think this article can do it better than anyone else.

http://www.antique67.com/articles.php?article=94
(01-22-2013, 04:33 PM)shezdoni Wrote: [ -> ]To answer your original question, I think this article can do it better than anyone else.

http://www.antique67.com/articles.php?article=94
that does help, atleast one person cares...giving the guy who can barely walk crap, who does that!
(01-22-2013, 04:40 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]that does help, atleast one person cares...giving the guy who can barely walk crap, who does that!
My wife.
(01-22-2013, 05:14 PM)wickabee Wrote: [ -> ]My wife.
Oooo touche lol its ok my ex is torturing me right now too lol
Pages: 1 2