Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Experienced help needed for grading question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-20-2013, 06:13 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yea... i remember going all out for his Leaf Rookie...80ish at the time (cash), after the roid thing...10-15ish. Thats when i went for Mantle and MJ...lol
Damn that sucks! I kinda went through that with Michael Olowokandi, His cards used to have high value now his most valuable RC can be had for a couple bucks lol.
Just my 2 cents on grading... The totally green might be a little high on the centering, but not by much. The dual patch is def to the right on centering.
The green might get banged on the corner ther and then it effects the surface also. I see it getting an 8 or 8.5 at best. Worth bout the same ungraded if you ask me. Id wait for something else.
I agree with some of the other guys who think the (Green) card may have a tough time getting over an 8.5. It is really hard to tell without clearer scans or pics, but it does seem like the corners would limit the green to about an 8 or 8.5 (depending on the other subs).

If you are already close to your upper limit on the card and it has a ways to go I wouldn't go much higher. Better to save your capital and be patient and get another one that's in better condition later. There will be other auctions. I know it's hard, I get caught up sometimes on the Bay too, but convince yourself you'll be better off using that money on more cards or a better conditioned version of this one later. Good luck!
(01-22-2013, 03:37 AM)slum22 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with some of the other guys who think the (Green) card may have a tough time getting over an 8.5. It is really hard to tell without clearer scans or pics, but it does seem like the corners would limit the green to about an 8 or 8.5 (depending on the other subs).

If you are already close to your upper limit on the card and it has a ways to go I wouldn't go much higher. Better to save your capital and be patient and get another one that's in better condition later. There will be other auctions. I know it's hard, I get caught up sometimes on the Bay too, but convince yourself you'll be better off using that money on more cards or a better conditioned version of this one later. Good luck!
That is very sound advice, and that is kind of what I'm leaning towards right now. I don't think I will be going higher. My bid is already pushed to the max and there is still two and a half days left on it. Honestly I'm starting to hope someone outbids me now lol. I did get caught up and before I knew it I was at a price that I think is outrageous for a patch even if it is #ed /5. Lol I just hope there is someone willing to bid that high on it. And really I just wanted a patch card of Kyrie, I think it will be cheaper to go after one of the ones #ed to 25 over this one.
Pages: 1 2