Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Triple Threads White Whale Damage. Need opinions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is damage like the lifting on the plate common for the White Whales? I've seen a couple other cases on various forums.

[Image: T2eC16ZzoE9s5ngLlkBQhJndCDy60_12.jpg]
I've never seen that, but then again, I don't see a lot of white whales. I can't imagine that it's unheard of considering the production process. If it were me---and I'd wait to hear what others have to say---I'd put a little bit of glue in there to maintain the integrity of the card and just call it good.
(01-15-2013, 09:00 PM)uvaspina Wrote: [ -> ]-I'd put a little bit of glue in there to maintain the integrity of the card and just call it good.
That's what I was thinking. Didn't want to do anything overly unethical or anything lol
I agree with uva. I think you could put a spot of glue on there and be ok. Maybe set a book or something on it after you do to hold it in place for a bit.
id think if you get the right case, it would force it back over time. you wouldnt even notice.
(01-15-2013, 10:04 PM)phreakyq Wrote: [ -> ]id think if you get the right case, it would force it back over time. you wouldnt even notice.
Depends if there's residue from the adhesive.
I've never seen that before! It isn't surprising, though, considering how they put the plate on the card. I can't think of anything better than a spot of glue.
^I don't think there's any ethical issues if you're just trying to hold the flap down on a 1/1 plate that's been (poorly) affixed to the mounting. I think a little glue in this situation would go a long way. Go to a hobby/craft shop to find a glue canister with a sharp little tip. Not sure if "super glue" is the way to go here or if there are other kinds people would recommend. (???)
(01-15-2013, 10:20 PM)uvaspina Wrote: [ -> ]^I don't think there's any ethical issues if you're just trying to hold the flap down on a 1/1 plate that's been (poorly) affixed to the mounting. I think a little glue in this situation would go a long way. Go to a hobby/craft shop to find a glue canister with a sharp little tip. Not sure if "super glue" is the way to go here or if there are other kinds people would recommend. (???)
Duct Tape works too, right?
Duct tape might show or get the sides sticky by accident.
Pages: 1 2 3