Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Most disappointing product of 2012?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking for what you feel is the most disappointing product of 2012. One you really had high hopes for and was no where near what you thought.

My Vote: 2012 Certified

Usually a solid product from year to year. This year a majority of boxes busted contained 3 jersey cards and 1 auto. FOTG design was not as nice as previous years.

What's your opinion?
To me, Rookies and Stars was the UGLIEST cards I've seen this year. I will say my favorite has been Platinum, but I got two Crown Royale boxes coming in and I think thats about to change
I agree with duch, for me it's gotta be rookies and stars
For me I would have to say Panini product all around. Constant redemptions pulled and VERY hit or miss product this year and I have had a couple decent pulls from them as well this year.
(01-06-2013, 03:06 PM)mik253 Wrote: [ -> ]For me I would have to say Panini product all around. Constant redemptions pulled and VERY hit or miss product this year and I have had a couple decent pulls from them as well this year.
Yeah, most of Panini was a negative for me. I think Prestige and Elite got a little better but everything else came off as sub par. R&S was the most disappointing. they look like they were designed in a high school intro to photoshop class.
for me I was highly disappointed with the Bowman Signatures product this year and the sketch looking design and no NFL logo's for the RC's.

Also Topps Inception had a really bad chipping issue more so than usual for a black bordered product.

Agree though Platinum was by far my favorite set along with the Base Topps. I'm not a huge high end collector so price for me is a big factor over design. If I like the design of a high end set I might get my one or two favorite base verterans off ebay or something.
My biggest disappointment was there was no Threads released this year.
(01-06-2013, 05:43 PM)msimonds Wrote: [ -> ]My biggest disappointment was there was no Threads released this year.
I was really surprised they didn't release it this year. It seemed to always be a really popular early release. And it didn't cost an arm and a leg.
I'd have to agree with Chevy Man 22, Bowman was absolutely horrendous.
I agree with the OP - Certified was very disappointing with 1 less auto a box ,and no on card autos on the rookies (and I didn't think it was possible but MORE redemptions than last year!?!) Rookies and Stars is never a great looking product IMO but this year was worse than usual.
Yeah, Platinum was great looking this year, but I didn't personally have much luck with it. Prime was solid again as well and had great photography on most of the cards.
Pages: 1 2