Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Excitement Level for 2013 Topps Series 1 To Come out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(01-05-2013, 11:55 AM)tntmclmm Wrote: [ -> ]The hits look to be sweet but an initial look through the checklist left me saying WTF no Miggy base. Do I really have to wait till series 2 for a Miggy base?
Just buy Opening Day ... they always put all the big names from both series in there, even the "updated" players ... last year people were paying crazy cash to pull the Pujols Angels SP out of Series I, but he also had an Angels card in Opening Day for WAY less money and hassle.

(I mean, they were both Photoshop jobs, so it wasn't like one looked better than the other. And actually, I like the OD photo better — batting — rather than the Topps SP — fielding — anyway.)

I understand there's a big price differential between those two cards, but if you're just a player/team collector and aren't concerned about the big hit factor, Opening Day is the way to go — same with the year before, with first cards of Victor Martinez with the Tigers and Crawford and Gonzalez with the Red Sox.

The only down side to Opening Day is no mem hits and extremely tough odds for a really lame auto checklist, but it's a fun (and cheap!) set for team/set collectors.

I think Detroit picked up Torii Hunter early enough that there should be a 2013 Opening Day card for him (if he's not in Series I) ... they got Prince too late last year for the OD set, so we had to wait until Series 2.
(01-05-2013, 08:07 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: [ -> ]I can't wait to see the pink border parallels in person. I think I may have to go after those as I bet a lot of manly men won't want to have those in their collections Smile
I'm debating this but then I saw they have an emerald parallel this year.
(01-04-2013, 02:47 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to buy a Jumbo box.
Me too... Just placed my pre-order with Dave and Adam's.
use code 775-2H2X from the back page of last month's Beckett Baseball and save $5. Their price was the cheapest that I've seen, and the $5 makes it just a little better.
Mitch
I wish Topps would just hit the reset button instead of just doing slight variations from previous seasons. It's getting pretty formulaic. I hope that this cycle has a specific end and doesn't just gradually shift over the course of a few years.
Pages: 1 2 3