Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1985 Jordan Prism Sticker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have this in their collection? Only one that's been on eBay is the PSA 10 for insane loot. I would love add a low grade BGS to my collection. Its such a tough card and is one of the brokest looking things I have ever seen. For some reason I just think it oozes with old school flavor.

Link below for those that don't know the card well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-JEWEL-PRISM...0420723682

I have been looking into getting one. Can't seem to pull the trigger on an ungraded one. Depending on the shape, ungraded can go from $400-$600.

Almost picked one up for $650 that looked to be around BGS 8.5. Wish I would of jumped on it...They don't come around to offten.
(01-02-2013, 11:06 AM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: [ -> ]I have been looking into getting one. Can't seem to pull the trigger on an ungraded one. Depending on the shape, ungraded can go from $400-$600.

Almost picked one up for $650 that looked to be around BGS 8.5. Wish I would of jumped on it...They don't come around to offten.
I almost never see them come up for sale in any condition. I am a huge fan of the 80's MJ cards as you know and there just are so few out there to go after. I don't know much about these as far as counterfeits, condition issues etc. Is it safe to get a raw one? (that's what she said...couldn't resist)

I also like the 1985 Nike (reg size, not jumbo) and don't have one in my collection yet.
(01-02-2013, 11:25 AM)user_3n5kp Wrote: [ -> ]I almost never see them come up for sale in any condition. I am a huge fan of the 80's MJ cards as you know and there just are so few out there to go after. I don't know much about these as far as counterfeits, condition issues etc. Is it safe to get a raw one? (that's what she said...couldn't resist)

I also like the 1985 Nike (reg size, not jumbo) and don't have one in my collection yet.
Doesn't look like a GEM 10. Centering top to bottom is playing a prizm trick on me I guess. I love that card though. Tuff to find.
Good eye! T/B centering does seem a little off and I even think there is a little bit of tilt as well.Its not uncommon for there to be imperfections in high grades. Especially with PSA 10s and BGS 9.5s, I find if you look hard enough you can always find a card just as nice hiding out in a 9 holder. That to me is the best bargain around.

The Prism card is so damn wack looking but I just love it for some reason. I am dying to get it in my wall display but looking at VCP, it doesn't come around too often. I got a nice raw 88 Fleer MJ trio (base, AS, sticker) for anyone that finds it in an affordable grade ($500-700 maybe)! HAHA
I thought it was not a basketball card, but a sticker. Or is the sticker on cardboard?
(01-03-2013, 07:07 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was not a basketball card, but a sticker. Or is the sticker on cardboard?
It's considered a card, but it's a sticker...

A Sticker-Card. lol

Always thought it was a cool looking insert, but too pricey for me right now.
Dying to get my hands on one. Any leads that lead to a purchase will be rewarded with Jordan cards! HAHAH, and I am not joking!
Dang! Youd think for $35,000 youd at least get free shipping. lol