Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: My Westbrook PC: A Work In Progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
02/16/13 UPDATE!!: I was recently able to work out a deal with a seller on eBay for this 2008-09 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor /50. There are only 3 of these that have graded BGS 9.5 so I'm pretty happy to have one. One of the other 3 actually sold shortly after I got mine. It had the exact same sub-grades, but it ended at about $30 over what I paid for mine. It was still pretty steep, but that can be expected when trying to acquire highly graded rookie gold refractors. Let me know what you think. Thanks!!

I haven't been on the Beckett forums in quite some time, but I recently decided to give the basketball OPG another try. I now have access to the Organize so I figured that I would add my fairly small Russell Westbrook PC. I don't have much FT at the moment and have yet to list what I do have, but I will be doing that shortly. The main purpose of this post is to show what I've collected so far. I'd also like to let fellow members know that I'm always interested in purchasing Westbrook RC auto's and his SSP RC parallels. i.e The gold refractor versions of his 07-08 Finest and 08-09 Topps Chrome cards. I'm mainly looking for BGS 9.5's, PSA 10's, BGS 9's (cards with thicker stock) and ungraded cards that would receive high grades. I also added a "Want List" in a separate file with the Westbrook cards that I have yet to acquire and that interest me the most. Although, my interests aren't limited to the cards listed in that file. As long as it's a higher-end Westbrook RC that's in awesome shape and one that I don't currently have on hand, I would appreciate it if you would contact me so we can make an attempt at working out a deal. If you've read this far, I greatly appreciate you taking the time. Please let me know what you think of my PC thus far and if you have anything that you could potentially add to it.

Thanks and have a great,..ahh,..President's Day? LoL.

-Brad

POP 3
/50, POP 3 photo WestbrookBowmanChromeGold_zps851130d1.jpg
POP 5
/25, POP 5
POP 31
Photobucket
POP 1
Photobucket
POP 4
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Wow! Amazing stuff. I've been wanting to grab a Westbrook auto for awhile. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progression!
(12-29-2012, 05:46 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! Amazing stuff. I've been wanting to grab a Westbrook auto for awhile. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progression!
Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I plan on sending some in to get slabbed sometime in the near future so I don't mind picking up ungraded Westbrooks. Although, if I can score a 9.5 at a decent price, I can't turn it down. I might actually make an attempt at picking one up this weekend so stay tuned!!

-Brad

Beautiful start Sig! He's a stud too at that so it looks like you got a pretty nice PC going. Keep it up.
sweet start to a pc
(12-29-2012, 09:02 PM)hof collector 15 Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful start Sig! He's a stud too at that so it looks like you got a pretty nice PC going. Keep it up.
(12-29-2012, 09:22 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: [ -> ]sweet start to a pc
Thanks, guys. He's definitely got some serious potential. There's a VERY good chance that he's going to end up with a 30+ point triple-double tonight against the Rockets. He's not on all the time, but when he's shooting well, he's an absolute BEAST.

-Brad
Sweet Collection so far! I too like Westbrook and have only a few auto's. Those Bgs 9.5's are amazing!
(12-30-2012, 02:54 PM)magneto2 Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet Collection so far! I too like Westbrook and have only a few auto's. Those Bgs 9.5's are amazing!
Thanks, buddy. It seems as if a lot of collectors are holding onto his cards until the start of a potentially long Playoff run with a good possibility of OKC winning the championship. Either that or they're trying to PC him themselves. The availability of his cards FS on the forums seems to be quite dry at the moment. LoL. I'll keep looking for another nice 9.5 to add to those three though. They are incredible cards.

-Brad

very nice stuff, are the treasury cards the only ones that show him as a supersonic?
(12-30-2012, 08:11 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: [ -> ]very nice stuff, are the treasury cards the only ones that show him as a supersonic?
Thanks, Ping. I believe that Treasury and Bowman Draft Picks are the only brands that have him pictured holding a Sonics uniform or with a Sonics hat on.

-Brad

Pages: 1 2