Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Kobe question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kobe Bryant Anthology12/13 panini sets patch or auto serial number to/8 supposely but looking on another sites see many different I 've seen 3 3color patch# 6/8 cards if the cards are numbered to 8 how can this be? can anyone answer that ??
There are more than just 1 card in the Anthology set so each card will have a 6/8.
(12-19-2012, 08:53 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: [ -> ]There are more than just 1 card in the Anthology set so each card will have a 6/8.
I was asking how can you number a card to 8 but have 8 different versions which means there are actually 64 cards instead of 8 why go through the trouble of serial number if it does not mean anything???
To mass produce with a perceived scarcity. More people get more "rare" hits that way.
the serial number than Panini & UD have chosen in the past is to mislead collectors thinking the cards are more rare/scarce...

take the SPA 08-09 Varsity letters for example.... If you look at Jordan Farmar.. there are thre "R's", but each was is numbered to /7..... how do I know which "R" I have..? There is no way of knowing, therefore the "R" should be less valuable..... since there are 3x easier to find..

***sidenote: I am still looking for the missing 3 Farmar cityname cards I need.. two are 1/1 & /3.. possible finders fee available (excluding beckett, comc & ebay listings).. also, looking for Bynum, Luke Walton, & Joe Crawford... but not paying the $200 price tag somebody put on a Bynum on ebay..

then on top of that, there is a "cityname" version which is serial to 1/1 & /3.. only difference between the regular letters "FULLNAME" & "CITYNAME" versions is the card actually says which version it is..

I am not familiar with the Kobe Anthology cards... but a quick look at ebay, I'd say there are different pictures.. if there are the same pictures & same serial numbers (i.e. 1/8).. then Panini is trying to trick collectors into thinking there are more limited amount of cards, naming them... regular, prime, elite, versions, ect... not the first time they pulled something like that off...

most collectors will go after the limited, lower number serial numbers & put a premium price tag on them... but for me, if it is the same card picture.. who cares about the serial number...

Go watch hit the nailon the head
There's two hundred cards each with a patch parallel #'d to 8.
Kobe's value for his auto just went down after Panini released this set.... way too many autos of his out now...

no wonder, I stopped collecting Kobe cards long time ago..
I hit one of the /8 auto relics. You are right in that there are 8 versions that are each if eight so it would be 64. The thing that I don't like us that Beckett doesn't list a price. They sell at similar prices so why wouldn't an average thereof be listed?
By the way, for my money, it is still a sweet card to have pulled but had I not pulled it I wouldn't pony up the 300+ price tag that people are looking for these cards.
I won an 8/8 2 color patch card sent it back to seller got refunded so it will be another 8/8 on the market just wished Panini would have numbered correctly shady
Pages: 1 2