Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Just a thought....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone noticed there's been nothing about Rookies and Stars for basketball this year? Normally both versions (R&S and R&S longevity) have hit the stores by now. Instead Prizm is out. Also with the announced release date of the return of the Panini product roughly coinciding with the past release date of Classics .... is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? That we won't see R&S, R&S longevity or Classics this season? just a thought...
We don't have an "official" full product calendar of releases from Panini for 2012-13 at this time, but I do know they are planning on doing something in the neighborhood of 20 releases this basketball year.

So, I wouldn't write those sets off yet - I would be surprised if they didn't do all three of them.

I'll see if I can find out any information on these sets.

Rob

(11-29-2012, 06:21 PM)taffster74 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone noticed there's been nothing about Rookies and Stars for basketball this year? Normally both versions (R&S and R&S longevity) have hit the stores by now. Instead Prizm is out. Also with the announced release date of the return of the Panini product roughly coinciding with the past release date of Classics .... is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? That we won't see R&S, R&S longevity or Classics this season? just a thought...
I usually don't follow release dates. I just hope that the products they put out will bring something fresh to the hobby. A lot of stuff is stale right now. I want to see then create a design/concept that hasn't been done by another company, but looks unforgettable, lol.

As for R&S and R&S Longevity, I hope that they put these products into production. More than likely they will produce them. They've had a whole year to catch up on a lot of the rookie stuff, so IMO, they are putting together game plans on when to distribute the products without over saturation.