Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: need to get rid of commons..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have THOUSANDS of commons in my closet nobody wants. I can't sell, trade, or even give them away. What to do??
a couple of thoughts. You can try and make team lots and trade/sell or donate to children's hospital
I donated the majority of mine and kept a couple thousand to put 7-8 in penny sleeves at a time to be used to protect cards I ship out.
(11-23-2012, 10:38 PM)kata78 Wrote: [ -> ]I donated the majority of mine and kept a couple thousand to put 7-8 in penny sleeves at a time to be used to protect cards I ship out.
Someone once did that for me on ebay and accidentally sent me a card I needed for a set. The funny part of it all, is that some commons are actually difficult to find, because nobody wants to bother with them. I know my LCS may have a stack of some commons, but they never bother sorting them, and that seems to be pretty common now.
(11-23-2012, 10:50 PM)dpatera Wrote: [ -> ]Someone once did that for me on ebay and accidentally sent me a card I needed for a set. The funny part of it all, is that some commons are actually difficult to find, because nobody wants to bother with them. I know my LCS may have a stack of some commons, but they never bother sorting them, and that seems to be pretty common now.
wow thats luck! haha i might start doing that, make somebody's day!
(11-23-2012, 10:56 PM)jlandry287 Wrote: [ -> ]wow thats luck! haha i might start doing that, make somebody's day!
It sure was. It wasn't even a recent common or anything. It was someone from 1984 Topps that I had been looking for. Talk about unlikely.
That is incredibly lucky!
I bring any doubles my son does not want to the school I teach at and let the kids go through them. If you or a friend work in the school systems let the kids have 'em if you don't want them.
jlandry: anything i get worth less than a dollar gets donated to the Jimmy Fund, or gets put into an ebay auction where 100% goes to the jimmy fund through me and my wife's charity www.project-cupid.org
I have the same problem, especially from mid 80's - early 90's. It's a lot of work, but why not mail a card to players and see if they'll autograph and send back? Some guys who have been out of the game might be willing to sign.
Pages: 1 2