Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: hank aaron rc question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
do you think the value of hank aarons rc will rise in value when he passes away or do u think the prices are pretty much capped out?
it wont rise because of his death, but it will continue to rise in value over time regardless
It always rises in a little spike after a death, then goes back to normal. It will increase over time, though.
It'll see a small spike immediately after a death, and then after that it'll be back to normal. So, if you're asking this because you're thinking of holding it and flipping, then flip it the day after.

I'm not so sure it'll increase much over time either, though. If anything, baseball cards will eventually lose their value rather than gain it, as the collectors who like the vintage cards are slowly going to be passing away too, and the demand will go with it. Very few of the young collectors like vintage anymore...they want the refractors and autos and game used and all the hyped prospects. I'm glad I'm one of the few who prefers vintage.
(11-17-2012, 12:36 PM)krykslr Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not so sure it'll increase much over time either, though. If anything, baseball cards will eventually lose their value rather than gain it, as the collectors who like the vintage cards are slowly going to be passing away too, and the demand will go with it. Very few of the young collectors like vintage anymore...they want the refractors and autos and game used and all the hyped prospects. I'm glad I'm one of the few who prefers vintage.
Personally, I think the vintage market will be fine and will hold steady at minimum. The solid majority of vintage collectors I know started off in the hobby as modern card collectors. (Modern being whenever it was they started) Eventually, they moved away from their modern stuff and moved into the vintage realm. I see it happen with collectors on here once in awhile and other forums as well.

I think the issue might come up where the majority of folks get involved in the hobby, the modern stuff. From what I see/hear, there are less kids getting into the hobby. With no new blood getting into the hobby, that doesn't bode well for the future.
I know, that scares me. I want the hobby to last for a very long time, but without kids getting into it, it won't be here.
I hope Hammerin' Hank will live another 20+ years and make it to the century mark.
Me too, coimbre 21.