Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1992-93 UD HIGH SERIES COLLECTORS CHOICE W/ INSERTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once again I'm updating my Ultimate Box Break ( http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1515500.html ) with a 1992-93 Upper Deck High Series Collectors choice with inserts. Still a newbie but it doesn't take me long to figure out what everyone's looking for. INSERTS INSERTS INSERTS... is all I've been reading about in these forums. Personally I'm just a fan of the sport and was excited to have my hands on an old school collection of some of my favorite players I used to watch growing up even if they were just "Base Cards". Apparently everyone does not feel the same, so I went back to digging in my recently discovered chest of well preserved early-mid 90's basketball cards and came across this box set I'd though I'd should share with you guys.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Based off the feedback I will determine if it is worth opening each pack to see whats hidden inside and share with you all.
This box is worth about $20 WITH the shrink wrap still on it, if that helps your decision any. If you open them up you could get a Shaquille O'Neal rookie card, possible Shaq Rookie Standouts insert, a few Jordan inserts and I believe Larry Bird signed some cards in this product also. This is also not a complete set, no offense if you already knew that. Also I would be willing to trade you cards for any of the unopened packs/boxes you have if interested. Thanks for showing off this stuff by the way, brings back memories. Either way you should open the packs/boxes and start your collection back up! The ones I saw aren't going to gain value over the years if you stash them. Don't open up the complete sets though, they're worth more sealed.
If you get a shaq RC out of series 2, that's a good score.. if it looks perfect, without any chips on the edges or surface, then it might be a good card to send in for grading...

but I would look at the POP (population grading report from both BGS & PSA)...

if it has chipping, then don't send them in for grading...

if you open it, good luck... I was lucky to get a box of that stuff for my birthday.. think my parents paid around $70 for it... wish those boxes still cost that much... check ebay for ongoing & completed auctions for prices of boxes... I been trying to get another box of the first two FINEST & got my eye on a few ULTRA & SKYBOX boxes.. been looking for the cello boxes.. but they are extremely hard to find.. the First year Finest jumbo/cello box currently goes for over $300.. I was lucky to get one for under $100 a couple years ago... best card was a Bird Refractor.. besides the normal RC's
Keep it sealed