Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Need Help & Opinions On My BGS FLEER JORDAN RC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let me start this off by saying this card is NOT for sale and this is NOT being posted to promote the card in auction because it's NOT for sale...

But what would you guys say a 1986 Fleer Jordan RC BGS 9 with subs 10, 9.5, 9, 9 would go for in an open auction? I rarely EVER see BGS 9+'s ... Let alone ones with 10 centering. I ask and need opinions because someone offered me 2K, which I declined because again it's NOT FOR SALE... But this person was VERY persistant & really tried hard to get it at that price. It got me wondering, did he know something I didn't? Would a Jordan RC with those subs go for well above that or was it fair?

So basically if this was your card and u wanted to sell it... Would u accept 2K?

[Image: MJBENRC.jpg]
i think 2K would be a good price for it, obviously the person interested is going for a regrade hoping for a .5 bump on one of the 9's making it a 9.5. thats a beauty!!!!!!!
Nice card
Its worth exactly $2000 and being .5 off a 9.5, its worth cracking open for a shot at a 9.5...
You would have a very good shot at a bump, if i was you i wouldn't sell, i'd crack it open and re grade it .
Whats the worst that can happen?
You re-submit it and it gets a 9 with slightly worse subs....
still worth a shot in my opinion....
good luck with it anyway....
Just like pingbling and hegotgame stated... Being just .5 off GEM MINT I would send that awesome card for a re-grade! Even if you're not selling... A gold label would make that amazing card even more amazing!
I wouldn't feel right about a sympathy bump though lol. I want a LEGIT 9.5 and the corners on my card aren't 9.5. The surface could possibly bump up, but not sure it's worth the trouble of breaking it out for that chance. Because right now it's a legit BGS 9+ ... The centering really is pristine and all the other grades appear right on the money to me. And if somehow it came back with a half point bump DOWN I'd be pisse lol. I love the Gold labels, but since ill never sell my Jordan RC... I think I'm content with the silver lol

But I was just curious what u guys thought about the 2K because the person who offered said "I got 2 grand automatic Paypal waiting for you if you agree. Its the best offer you'll ever get" ...... uhhhhh I've seen normal BGS 9's with straight 9's and some with just one 9.5 & three 9's sell for close to that. I figure with a BGS 9 with PRISTINE centering for God sake, that I'd surely get at least a few better offers out there if I ever decided to sell it. I mean its 0.5 from gem which sell for 3500-5500 and even most BGS 9.5's don't have pristine centering lol

Just wanted to hear from you guys who are out in the collecting market a lot more then I am. I don't buy or trade cards much at all anymore. I just save a certain amount per month and buy 1-2 cards max a year that are on my "must have" list.
you can send in the card still slabbed, ask for a regrade, but no to crack the case unless it will regrade higher. since its pc, youre better off just keeping it as is and not run the risk of it getting damaged, lost, or stolen by shipping. i think 2K is a good price, it looks like most of the high 9's are selling around $1500, even pwcc's 9 recently sold for 1500 lol. i dont really see prices going down on jordan rc's, so i dont think the buyer saying this is the best you will ever get is a true statement.
Thanks Ping. Yeah it's just PC so I'm not gonna bother trying to get it bumped up. Not trying to impress anyone with a gold label anyway. Yeah I would hope that high grade Jordan rookies will always retain their value... But idk the prices have dropped dramatically in the last 5-10 years. But considering the pop reports have also gone up it makes sense. Yeah 2k I guess would be a decent sell price, but I could never let it go for that. I have too much admiration for that card regardless of grade, I was just lucky enough to get a great deal on it at the time, other wise I would've been happy with a lower grade.

His whole "it's the best offer you'll ever get" seems ridiculous. MJ is an all time LEGEND of not just basketball, but pop culture in general! No one will ever forget the 90's and how big he was. 100 years from now I believe Jordan will still be looked at as the GOAT similar to Babe Ruth in baseball. Jordan rookies will be family heirlooms by that point lol...
The buyer wants to send it to regrade with PSA and if that 9 can get a PSA 10 (it has a shot)... wow, some cash can be made. That is what I would do if I had that one.

I resent in my BGS 8 MJ rc to Beckett to get the new slab and because there was debris inside the slab with the card (a little slither of cardboard?). It was graded in 2001 and most believe BGS was more strict with grading back then. I just paid the $5 to reslab not the grading fee to regrade because it was a PC card and I am pleased with it anyway.

If you are happy with that MJ, then keep it that way. If you are going to gamble with a regrade then I would gamble with the company that has the set registry, that causes the price to go through the roof.
Absolutely STUNNING card. I always say, buy the card, not the slab. That right there is a 9.5 IMO. Centering is always the most important in terms of eye appeal and I would kep that card right where it is. If Beckett happens to be at a local show and you can do an in person review go for it. Other than that you have a BGS 9.5/PSA 10 that is hiding out in a 9 holder.

I say its worth as much as a 9.5 that has one 9 sub due to the centering. Great card.
Pages: 1 2