Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT: A little..what other sports do you collect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious to see what other sports besides football you collect?

I mostly collect football, but sometimes do baseball depending on the rookie class and same with baskeball. Not really a hockey or racing person.
I originally bought baseball & basketball when I was a kid but that was 20+ years ago. None my other love beside football is collecting non-sports cards/autos from my favorite tv show ie: Game of Thrones.

(09-24-2012, 11:37 AM)giantsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious to see what other sports besides football you collect?

I mostly collect football, but sometimes do baseball depending on the rookie class and same with baskeball. Not really a hockey or racing person.
I collect mostly baseball, but have been picking up a few Cowboys here and there and other football packs/cards (to trade for Cowboys). I live in crazy-for-the-Cowboys Texas. So I can use Cowboys to trade for vintage baseball or Texas Rangers at my local LCS.
You mean there are OTHER sports? Wink
(09-24-2012, 11:42 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: [ -> ]I collect mostly baseball, but have been picking up a few Cowboys here and there and other football packs/cards (to trade for Cowboys). I live in crazy-for-the-Cowboys Texas. So I can use Cowboys to trade for vintage baseball or Texas Rangers at my local LCS.
Hey! It's soon to be crazy-for-the-TEXANS Texas!! :-)

And to answer the question, I am about 50/50 baseball/football. It really just depends on which sport has the better product out at the time. Unfortunately, I have found that gets to be an expensive endeavor since one or the other always has something out that I am drooling over.
Baseball and horse racing - both vintage only.
When i was in school, started off with baseball in the 90's
In the late 90's -00's -- collected everything Nascar, especailly Earnhardt
The last couple of years been collecting anything from Baseball/Football/Basketball/Hockey
These days it is Vintage!!! Especially Mantles

Least I know I am not the only one who collects multiple sports.
Football and Jordan lol I used to do football and basketball but it started becoming too much to keep track of so I dumped (threw away) the basketball except my Jordans lol
Baseball (Red Sox , Ryne Sandberg, Johnny Podres, plus LSU players), Jordan and Shaq in basketball, and goalies in Hockey (especially Dominik Hassek), as well as a vintage Detroit player named Michel Bergeron
Pages: 1 2