Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Another NHL Lockout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wonderful. Millionaire players & owners can't decide how to share $2 billion in revenue so they decide nobody should have it & create a lockout, screwing the fans once again. 3rd work stoppage since 1994. Fehr & Bettman need to be put in a padded room & institutionalized.
$3.3Billion, and I don't blame Fehr this time. The owners are trying to rape the players for a second time in a row.
I agree with the above fehr was right even though it hurts not to have hockey
The owners are a bunch of hypocrites signing players to extensions and long term contracts under the current cba while crying that they are not getting enough of the revenue. If the current cba is so bad why on earth would you sign players under it, and don't anybody try the excuse of saying to keep players.
It is past time for Bettman to leave. Why not continue to negotiate while allowing the season to start, now nobody makes ant money other than Bettman and his cronies, and the union representatives.
I think the NHL has lost alot of credibility now. This lockout just shows how greedy both sides are. The world is in a recession, but here we have entertainers whining because their minimum 500k salary a year isnt enough. Both sides should give their head a shake and realize that hockey is a sport and not a necessity in this world.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/...nitoba.com
an excellent read