Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Displaying Collection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright guys, dumb question but, what would you use to display your collection? I want to make a frame, sandwich cards in glass and hang it on the wall. But what do I put the cards in that will seal them? I don't want to send them off for grading. I just don't, I don't know why, maybe the cost, maybe I don't believe in the grading, especially when it comes to a personal collection that's more sentimental than valuable. I don't like the magnetic one-touch or the single screw holders. All ideas welcome!
Damn! you don't like anything that will protect your cards from damage. How can we provide you with ideas if you don't like any of the holders out there. At any rate, I have my PC (graded and non-graded) on a display case (wall-mount) I purchased from Amazon. The way the display is made you don't have to have holders if you don't want to. Furthermore, it comes wit a key for you to lock your cards in. However, if someone breaks into your house, all they have to do is take the whole display if they really want to steal your collection, lol! seriously its not that heavy. I think the key/lock/glass door is more for when you have kids or friends at your house.
I tried to cheaply hang them up when I was younger in a similar fashion. The problem I had was the weight, and the fact I had a cheap poster frame. It worked for a bit, but the weight was too much for the frame. I took it to a custom framing shop, and they could do it, but it was costly, and they wanted to stick the cards to the mat. It looked pretty awesome when it was up though. I suggest if you know you aren't going to be trading/selling the cards to spend the extra money and get a quality frame with matting.
(09-15-2012, 03:55 AM)JMF_PR83 Wrote: [ -> ]Damn! you don't like anything that will protect your cards from damage. How can we provide you with ideas if you don't like any of the holders out there. At any rate, I have my PC (graded and non-graded) on a display case (wall-mount) I purchased from Amazon. The way the display is made you don't have to have holders if you don't want to. Furthermore, it comes wit a key for you to lock your cards in. However, if someone breaks into your house, all they have to do is take the whole display if they really want to steal your collection, lol! seriously its not that heavy. I think the key/lock/glass door is more for when you have kids or friends at your house.
Can you post a pic of your display I am thinking of doing the same thing and would like to see what it looks like.
Thanks.

I think I've found what I want and it's a snap card holder. I didn't like one touch or screw down because of the asymetrical look. one side is taller, dead space.
I have gotten some professionally framed with "museum quality" glass. Of course, I always need two to show the front and back, but you can throw in a little name plate and it looks quite awesome when you nail down some team colors in the matting.

JonathanI