Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Contest: Haven't been online in a lonnnng time and I feel like having fun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok guys... Here is a contest for you and it's a doozy.

I witnessed two awesome events at Major League Baseball games in the 2000's. It was between 2000 and 2010 (could have been any year, same year, 10 years apart, etc..). They were both a single player's accomplishments (not the same player). And both were in the regular season. One was a career milestone or record and one was a single game accomplishment. Both happened at the same stadium.
Guess what they were.

Guess one right and get: 30 different 2011 A&G relics
Guess both and get: The 30 relics and a 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. RC.
One more hint... It wasn't in Canada and it was not on the East Coast so no Florida, NY, Boston or Pennsylvania.
barry bonds beating hank aarons record.
(09-11-2012, 10:39 PM)mbodow1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok guys... Here is a contest for you and it's a doozy.

I witnessed two awesome events at Major League Baseball games in the 2000's. It was between 2000 and 2010 (could have been any year, same year, 10 years apart, etc..). They were both a single player's accomplishments (not the same player). And both were in the regular season. One was a career milestone or record and one was a single game accomplishment. Both happened at the same stadium.
Guess what they were.

Guess one right and get: 30 different 2011 A&G relics
Guess both and get: The 30 relics and a 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. RC.
One more hint... It wasn't in Canada and it was not on the East Coast so no Florida, NY, Boston or Pennsylvania.
I'll go with Bonds 73 HR's in 2001
Jim Thome 500th Hr and Mark Buerhle perfect game?
By the way welcome back and thanks for the contest!
Barry bonds record home run or Randy Johnson's 300th win.
i know this is a tough one, not there yet. thanks for the guesses.
Cal ripken Jr and Eddie Murray 500
Trevor hoffman hits 600 saves at miller park and... chad modeler hits for the cycle in 2003 or prince fielders first home run hit in 2005
Safeco - Palmiero's 3000th hit and Ichiro's 258th hit (single season record)?
Shawn Green 4 home run game May 23, 2002 at miller park in Milwaukee

And career milestones would include Randy Johnson with all his strikeouts June 3 2008 at Miller Park. He became second in career strikeouts

DID I WIN???
Pages: 1 2 3