Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Check Out My Cards question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
do they ever have discount codes on shipping ?
(09-10-2012, 03:42 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: [ -> ]do they ever have discount codes on shipping ?
nope. but shipping process will be changing in future.
yeah I saw that but it said it wouldn't count towards cards already purchased. Sad

I have like 200+ cards waiting to be shipped and the cheapest/slowest option is $46. Guess I'll bite the bullet. :/

Quote:How does this shipping change affect purchased items that haven’t shipped yet?

We will track when the per-item S&H fees have been paid. This is like purchasing a forever stamp. Items that were purchased before these changes will still need to pay the per-item S&H fee. This may be a little confusing until these grandfathered items get cleared out of the system.
You should contact customer service for confirmation of policy.
I purchased from COMC about 6 months ago and I thought the shipping was a bit much. I figured it was worth it because, hey, considering all the work they do, they have to make their money some how. Recently I looked at the site again because I was thinking about selling through them. As I started to read all the minute fees included in the process, I decided not to use them. I think they were charging like .20 cents per card to scan it, as long as you didn't send it in a toploader in which case they charged extra. On top of that you had to pay for the shipping to get the cards there, which cuts into any profit you might make. Then once you sell the cards (assuming you do sell them all) they charge you 20% of what you made. On top of that they had a monthly storage fee for holding the cards you had listed for sell.

They do, do a lot of work. Scanning and listing is always a pain for me on eBay. But even after all those fees they hit the purchaser over the head with fees, something eBay doesn't. And if your cards never sell, and you want them mailed back to you, you will be paying that shipping expense. Your not going to pay less in fees using COMC and the consumer is going to pay a premium as well. The only advantage is less work for sellers and combined shipping and a sense of security for consumers, and if you are paying $46 in combined shipping, there better be a lot more than 300 cards there.

Don't get me wrong here, I think the site is brilliant. But baring you are selling all your cards at over $10, its probably going to be tuff to make any real money.
Haven't checked recently but they used to have a bulk shipping option at the end of each month that was much cheaper than the standard rates
I was going to send it about 100 cards or so because the guy told me there is a $25 credit you can ask for the first time you sell. He said that amounts to about 80 cards that would be listed and sold for free (like a test-drive).

I was on the phone for about 30 minutes with them the other day having a customer service rep explain everything and it didn't seem too bad.
(09-11-2012, 09:14 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to send it about 100 cards or so because the guy told me there is a $25 credit you can ask for the first time you sell. He said that amounts to about 80 cards that would be listed and sold for free (like a test-drive).

I was on the phone for about 30 minutes with them the other day having a customer service rep explain everything and it didn't seem too bad.
A $25 credit would be a good way to bring in first time sellers. If it is still available, I may try that.
I've been using COMC since the first of the year. Though the fees seem high, compare them to ebay. COMC charges 20 cents per card, and they do all the work for you. Ebay charges 10 cents per card, 50 for fixed price, then 15% of the final value and you do all the work. Its not really much of a difference at all. And since you don't have to charge 3 dollars for shipping your cards will sell for more. I initially sent around 400 cards and paid around 65 dollars in fees. It only took about two weeks for me to make my fees back. I use the money I make for PC cards and buying other cards to flip on the site. The shipping fees may seem high, but try to buy 50 singles on ebay and see how much you pay to have them shipped. I've found that selling on the site works best for 3-20 dollar cards (.50 cards don't work when you have to pay .20 for processing), or currently hot players. Try selling those 3 dollar BV cards on ebay and you'll be lucky to make .50 after ebay fees. On COMC you can easily get $2. So some of your cards won't sell, but they don't all have to sell for you to make a lot more than ebay. If you send in a ton of Topps base you'll lose money, but if you're smart and send in cards that people want to buy then you'll do well. And there's a $25 limit on shipping cards back to the original seller, so if you don't like it, $25 gets all your cards back to you. At first I was a bit skeptical with all the fees, but it's perfect for all the mid-value cards you have laying around that you want to get rid of but don't want to sell for pennies.
I know the $46 sounds high. But think about it like this, 200 cards / $46 is equal to 23 cents a card. Plus they are packed securely and I always reuse the boxes the cards come in.

If you use the bulk shipping they are running behind due to the national promotion. When I have done bulk in the past it took them about 5 business days to pack and ship. This past time I requested (around beginning of August) it took closer to 22 total days to ship.
Pages: 1 2