Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: What should I get a case of?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just recently getting back into the hobby, and I was wondering what people would suggest to get a case of. I have $1000 limit. What set would I have the best chance getting close to the value of the price? I was thinking 2012 Topps Chrome since its fairly new and there are some nice cards in there.
I wouldn't recommend Topps Chrome. I would wait either for Bowman Chrome or Bowman Draft (Jumbo). If you have the patience.
(09-08-2012, 06:53 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't recommend Topps Chrome. I would wait either for Bowman Chrome or Bowman Draft (Jumbo). If you have the patience.
I agree. Many people haven't been pleased with topps chrome.

Bowman chrome has a great turnaround. If you dont feel like waiting I say Allen and ginter.
are you looking to make money, or are you in it for the fun of opening a case? most probably, no matter what case you get, the max return will be 65% of what you put into the case
id go with bowman draft.... but honestly if i were you i would invest in hof graded cards. Busting packs is fun and all but for a grand, i would invest differently.
I would go with Bowman Chrome or Bowman Draft. Draft would be my choice as these will be the first cards of the new draftees. Goes great since MLB just released their top prospect lists. People tend to spend a little more for the NEXT best thing.
For that money I would get Allen & Ginter but I am a little biased to the set. It is my favorite set every single year.
I'd go with 2010 Bowman Chrome. 12 boxes plus 12 wrapper redemptions for $725. That's what I'm probably going to get with my birthday money!

I haven't seen anything about a Bowman Chrome wrapper redemption this year. It would be nice if they did though. If you are looking to flip your case, Topps Update HTA jumbo and Bowman Draft are the only two products I would even consider. They give you the best chance at making your money back. If you are looking to build a cool collection, its going to depend on what you want in your collection. Bowman Draft will be great for the next best thing, Bowman Chrome will have a nice mix of prospects, rookies, and veterans. One thing you should not do is buy Topps Chrome. I learned the hard way. Quite possibly the worst ROI in the industry. People just are not willing to pay what the cards deserve. You can buy every card you want (minus the Harper and Darvish rare autos) plus some for well less than $700 on ebay. I got 20 complete sets that I refuse to sell for less than $30 shipped, and haven't sold 1 at that price since it released. I hear Bowman Chrome is virtually the same. Unless you hit the right 1/1 or /25 auto its almost a guaranteed loss.
(09-10-2012, 07:20 PM)ja1091 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd go with 2010 Bowman Chrome. 12 boxes plus 12 wrapper redemptions for $725. That's what I'm probably going to get with my birthday money!
2010 bowman chrome was/still is a lot of fun. Opened so much of it looking for the Heywards and Strasburgs
Pages: 1 2