Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: What do you do with your box breaks???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey everyone I have had a number of messages lately about people who wonder what to do with their box breaks. It seems so many bust the packs, pull the hits and better PC cards or better inserts and leave the rest. It then piles up and guys have NO clue what to do with it. Most don't even have the time to mess with it.

One guy has shipped me a box to distribute among deserving people on my "gift thread".

So I am curious what does everyone do with the cards? I have thought of starting a collectors night for kids in my local area. I was thinking I could see about using a school cafeteria or maybe a church gymnasium or something. I'd have one night a month where kids grades K-5 could meet and swap base and small inserts. Mainly a way to keep the kids involved in the hobby. They could swap cards and I'd allow them to get some free cards each time etc.

I don't know exactly but I am all about keeping the hobby alive for the kids. I even thought from time to time maybe I'd have 15-20 great members here send me $1. Then I'd take the $20 and buy a blaster for the kids and do a give-away. I can't afford to put the money up myself every time but we can all usually afford $1.

Any ideas are welcome. Mainly I wanna know what do you all do with your box breaks. Are there guys here who wanna send this stuff to help out.

Lets here it. Maybe you do something in your community and wanna drop some ideas.
I have a closet in my house that is full of baseball stuff from my childhood on up. Keeping it all for my boys. or their boys.
I made the mistake several times in my life of getting rid of all my misc commons etc. Probably gave away 20 McGwire rooks that I could have sold fro serious dough in his heyday!
So I just pile it up!
(09-07-2012, 07:36 PM)mikeschlueter783 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a closet in my house that is full of baseball stuff from my childhood on up. Keeping it all for my boys. or their boys.
I made the mistake several times in my life of getting rid of all my misc commons etc. Probably gave away 20 McGwire rooks that I could have sold fro serious dough in his heyday!
So I just pile it up!

Question is when they Heyday hits do you know to dig or does it still sit? Haha!
For me i try to make the base set out of it...for example,i bought 8 box off 2012 Topps heritage and im trying to complete the set,,doing the same with Bowman 2012 right now
Keep em and hopefully someone will trade.. Or go to the flea market and sell a bunch for a few $ just to get rid of. But I dont bust many boxes.
I only bust high end really, with exception to a box of ginter usually. I pull all the pc and nice cards, and give all my commons to my nephew, he loves em.
I live across the street from a high school and about once a week I bring a box of base / unwanted inserts (approx 1,000 cards a week) and leave them in the dugout of the baseball field.
I put them 10 to a sleave (2 sleaves) and use them as protection for the cards I send out in trades. I try and load them with whatever team a trader collects.
(09-07-2012, 09:18 PM)boult81 Wrote: [ -> ]I live across the street from a high school and about once a week I bring a box of base / unwanted inserts (approx 1,000 cards a week) and leave them in the dugout of the baseball field.
That's a really great idea man! I usually throw my commons away but I'm gonna start saving them for people who give them away to kids on here. Will happily mail them to someone who can do some good with them for sure!
I have every common I have ever gotten since 1986. It's actually quite rediculous when I look at them lol. I am going to have to figure out something to do with them soon though because I can't just hang on to all of these my whole life.
Pages: 1 2 3