Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Quick Question: 1999 Topps Traded.. $35?? (EDIT: THE RESULTS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A website has the set of 1999 Topps Traded for $35...

The risk is that you get one auto per box..

If I hit a Sabathia...well PC and thats awesome..

if i hit a Josh Hamilton...well just check that BV.

but the odds are against me. Should I go for it?

so I got Chip Ambres.... go check the BV on that...

for those who dont have pricing... pretty much worse card you can get
Is it a set of cards? Sealed set of cards does not have an auto included does it??
If you are buying a box then the odds are the odds of an auto..am I missing something??

Never mind, it is the traded set that has an auto per box..long shot on the auto, but still some good RCs
It's a. Sealed set with one randomly inserted autographed rookie card
Just checked on the bay and saw some. It's a long shot since there are 75 different autos in the set, most which are $5-$8 autos and only a few notable names. If it were up to me, I don't think I would take a shot but if you really have the urge and want to do it, go for it!
wow, I didn't realize the Hamilton booked for so high; looks like about 10% of the auto's would be nice hits. Chances are you will get a Jay Gerke, but there are several nice RC's in the set.

It's $35, man ... not even two blasters. Go for it. Worst case scenario you have some nice RCs for a good price. Maybe you can get the RCs graded even if the auto is a dud.
(09-05-2012, 12:18 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]It's $35, man ... not even two blasters. Go for it. Worst case scenario you have some nice RCs for a good price. Maybe you can get the RCs graded even if the auto is a dud.
Yeah I have been thinking that lol then I think...hmm it's half the price of a box per order for 2012 Bowman Chrome
Ugh... I went for it..

I'll report back on Thursday or Friday when I get it..

lets hope!

(also got a 2011 Bowman Chrome)
(09-05-2012, 12:00 PM)homerjg007 Wrote: [ -> ]wow, I didn't realize the Hamilton booked for so high; looks like about 10% of the auto's would be nice hits. Chances are you will get a Jay Gerke, but there are several nice RC's in the set.
Ha! Opened about 20 of those when they came out and got him about three times.
(09-05-2012, 01:03 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: [ -> ]Ha! Opened about 20 of those when they came out and got him about three times.
I thought you meant 3 Hamiltons. At first I was :D then I read it 3 more times and I was :|
(09-05-2012, 01:33 PM)acevanquish Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you meant 3 Hamiltons. At first I was Big Grin then I read it 3 more times and I was :|
Yeah, that Gherke (probably spelled wrong) and David Kelton were the ones I got dupes of. I think I got 2-3 of Kelton as well.
Pages: 1 2 3