Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I almost feel like I stole these
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My dad called me this weekend from a yard sale knowing that I collect sports cards. He says there is a box full of cards with a $2 price tag per card on the box. I told him that I am looking for some basketball and listed off the usuals, Jordan, Lebron, Durant, Rose, Kobe Etc etc. I figured I would be safe with these names even at $2 per card. He spent ten bucks and here is three of the cards:
2007-08 Bowman Sterling Kevin Durant
2008-09 Bowman Chrome Derrick Rose
2007-08 Upper Deck Electric Court Kevin Durant

THe other two cards are two Kobe Bryant upper deck base set cards. He says he felt bad for not finding any Jordans...I told him not to worry.

Dang thats awesome...If you want to double your money let me know Wink
My pops, I love him to death, is kind of closed minded and I was trying to explain to him that the cards are more than just "cardboard cutouts". I told him that it was a pretty big score (lets face it, who wouldn't pay $10 for over $100 in cards?) but he wasn't hearing it. I offered him $20 for his troubles but he was doing the yard sale thing anyway. He actually didn't even take the ten.
I pmed you an offer Jmarchand let me know if you're interested
that's a good score... I see tons of garage sells in San Diego, but never see any sports cards...

I wish there was some card shows that I can go to in SOCAL, where I can pick up $2-3 cards... that are actually worth double that amount...

I did find a new sports card shop today, well, I think I did... it said "Game Zone" (game - sports - cards).... it is located in Lemon Grove, Ca (San Diego area)... I got to go back when they are open to see what they got.. don't think many basketball cards, if any.. but I did see bunch of display cases & bunch of big boxes labeled topps & upperdeck... so we'll see when I go back later this week or next..
Very nice finds. We have an outstanding trade offer, waiting for a response. Plmk; Gary.