Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Does anyone else feel ripped off by 2011-12 SPA ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im really feeling ripped off. Ive bought numerous packs and 3 boxes of the stuff and the best i did was a $40 card! Is anyone else feeling this way? Can anyone recommend a product they have done well with?
I have done very well with 2011-12 Panini Contenders. I like sharp looking base sets and this one is 100 cards. I pulled the NHL Ink trio Tavares, Hall, Nugent-Hopkins out of 25 from the first box (this card is FS if anyone is interested). FOr my other two hits I pulled two guys I don't really know (I watch in-market hockey and neither of them played for the Bruins). THe box also left me about 90% towards completing the base set. The second box I pulled a quad auto booklet with the ST Louis Blues and I think Columbus. This went for $60 and one of the other autos went for $25. Paid $100 for the box so it got me 85% out of the box. So I have done well on the 2011-12 Contenders
Rookie anthology is what we see as the most consistent bang for your buck. Very few home runs but cost recovery wise, it is the best product.

We have had zero complaints about SPA.
The biggest problem with SPA this year is that their really is only one rookie that is selling well--RNH
Maybe you just hit a bad case man
(08-31-2012, 09:51 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest problem with SPA this year is that their really is only one rookie that is selling well--RNH
I agree..I think it has more to do with the Rookie class this year than anything...
Bought 1 pack, scrub RC. Not what I wanted, but can't really complain, I guess.
Its frustrating because last years draft was so laden with talent that every box was awsome. I think im done with SPA. Ill move on to contenders or Anthology. Thanks for the replies guys.
It's getting to the point where the card manufacturers have to start cutting down on the number of "scrub" rookies in the set, especially as autographs or "hits" in the box or case. This set is made in June & comes out in July every year. By then, it's pretty clear who the top rookies are & who doesn't deserve a rookie card made.
I agree. In the rookie extended set 100 rookies make up the set.