Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Guys.. Russell Wilson is not Andrew Luck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
But his prices are inflated like he is. I am freaking amazed what people are trying to get for wilson auto's.. $350 for a /250 finest auto.. no way.

Its like this across the board and its driving me crazy. I refuse to pay 600% book for a card. WTF is going on here??

Edit: Please don't post links to live Ebay auctions
Personally I think it's good for the hobby. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I like it for the hobby. Also, I've been more impressed by Wilson than Luck so far. Also, the difference in highest sale between them is almost a grand. Just because the asking price for his cards is high doesn't mean they're selling for that.
no ..... but he's better than Tebow Smile lol

only time will tell who's the better QB Wink
Dont get me wrong i think Wilson has looked great. I even got to chat with him at one of the seahawks practices (holy crap he is tiny). But its making it nearly impossible for guys like me to get a decent card. People see these idiots asking 8 million dollars and automatically raise their price.

A little inflation is fine but when all of his stuff is going for 300% BV its insane. I have never seen inflation like this before.
Its Wilsons talent that raised his values. I got to witness this first hand. I bought a lot of cards and had a wilson patch auto /25 in it. A couple copies before i sold mine went for around $50. I listed mine at 125 or best offer just to see if i could get a little more as mine had a much nicer patch. I got a bunch of offers for and all of them north of $50. I was almost about to sell it for 85 when wilson played another game and did great. I then started getting offers for over 100!. Ended up selling it for 112. I was like wow, thats awesome! So i then purchased a wilson spx rc auto for 35 bin because i just saw what happend plus the guy had played well in 3 consecutive games. I got my spx in the mail, then the seahawks named him the started, and sold my spx for 130. It took 5 days from the time i bought the spx to when i sold it. I have never been so lucky in my life and i dont normally sell much at all but couldnt pass that up. But wilson is incredibly talented for what we have seen so far so i dont blame people. But the 350 for the finest is a tad ridiculous lol
(08-30-2012, 04:43 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: [ -> ]Dont get me wrong i think Wilson has looked great. I even got to chat with him at one of the seahawks practices (holy crap he is tiny). But its making it nearly impossible for guys like me to get a decent card. People see these idiots asking 8 million dollars and automatically raise their price.

A little inflation is fine but when all of his stuff is going for 300% BV its insane. I have never seen inflation like this before.
I made a post awhile back before the draft about how I hated that Seahawks never drafted anyone I could really collect. Well, they went out and drafted Wilson this year. I shot myself in the foot. I have a great player on the Seahawks to collect.....but now I can't justify paying the prices his cards are going for. It's crazy.
(08-30-2012, 04:55 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: [ -> ]I made a post awhile back before the draft about how I hated that Seahawks never drafted anyone I could really collect. Well, they went out and drafted Wilson this year. I shot myself in the foot. I have a great player on the Seahawks to collect.....but now I can't justify paying the prices his cards are going for. It's crazy.
My feelings EXACTLY - I mean a little over BV is fine but its damn near impossible at this point.

Im going to have to rely on pulling him from packs i guess.. that or wait it out. I mean lets be honest, he will be hot for a while but seattle gets no media coverage at all. By mid season half the NFL will have forgot we exist even if we are doing well.

side note what was bad about posting links to the auctions?
(08-30-2012, 05:06 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: [ -> ]My feelings EXACTLY - I mean a little over BV is fine but its damn near impossible at this point.

Im going to have to rely on pulling him from packs i guess.. that or wait it out. I mean lets be honest, he will be hot for a while but seattle gets no media coverage at all. By mid season half the NFL will have forgot we exist even if we are doing well.

side note what was bad about posting links to the auctions?
I've been participating in group breaks in hopes of pulling a wilson. None yet.
(08-30-2012, 05:10 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: [ -> ]I've been participating in group breaks in hopes of pulling a wilson. None yet.
Same here, was in a finest break and ended up with the colts. Could have traded from hawks but didnt (damn you luck!). I ended up with crap cards meanwhile a /50 wilson auto was pulled.

I felt sick
The problem is that book value is a wild estimate, and is hyped by speculation on how well rookies will do in the short term. BV is nothing more than a guide, and I am with you, I wouldn't pay that for him right now....not considering that you can get Brees, Eli and Peyton, and another elite QB Autos on one card for that much.....but a card is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It will come down....just be patient!
Pages: 1 2 3 4