Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Dodgers epic trade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just saw that the Dodgers and Red Sox completed a record breaking trade today, looks like LA is trying to buy the Series this year. That roster is starting to look like an All Star line up.
Just as much as it's the Dodgers trying to get a winning team in the field, it is also a complete roster dump for the Bo Sox.
agon is the only part of that trade that is good for the dodgers

as a red sox fan, i would have given away those 4 guys (and thrown in lackey) for FREE - nothing back. sox just got rid of the three biggest contracts, including 2 very bad long term contracts

theo even admitted that signing agon and crawford were mistakes, that they went away from the philosophy that won them two world seroes in order to, as he put it "feed the beast"

this was a huge win for the sox. it's a win for the didgers as well, at least for the next two years. but those contracts...20 mil per for both agon and crawford? yikes
the fact the Sox found a sucker to take that deal is just awesome!! They can go after free agents next year and hopefully some pitching and got out of a couple over market value contracts in the process. I see it as a huge win for the Sox regardless of how much it helps the Dodgers.
Honestly, I think the Red Sox got the better deal in this. Beckett is doing terrible this season, Crawford is always hurt and really isnt worth the money he got from the Sox, and AGon is really the only good player they gave up. $260 million was freed. Just imagine what they can do in the offseason now.
From this BoSox fan to you Dodger fans: "You're most welcome."

Hated to see AGone go but the rest...? See ya!! Sorry that SLackey wasn't a throw in. I would've made them take him too just as a freebie.
someone on MLB network last night said the Dodgers are trying to be the Yankees of the west coast.......so true!
(08-25-2012, 06:28 PM)75toppsfan Wrote: [ -> ]someone on MLB network last night said the Dodgers are trying to be the Yankees of the west coast.......so true!
What? Win? A crime!
LETS GO YANKS!
Smile

I saw it on twitter last night but I agree, this trade is akin to unloading some 'hot' goods on someone. Unload it all, get what you can get, and get out of there
Agon's first ab as a dodger.....................3 run homer!!!!!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(08-25-2012, 07:36 PM)bunk27 Wrote: [ -> ]What? Win? A crime!
LETS GO YANKS!
Smile
Dodgers vs Yankees in the WS would bring back some fond memories from my childhood. I was glued to the t.v. for the '77 '78 & '81 series!! Big Grin

Pages: 1 2 3