Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2012 Topps Mini box break :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The couple box breaks I saw from the National looked interesting enough, so I decided to order a box. I ordered it about 5 days before release date, and I was quite disappointed that it did not ship until the day after release, thus making me wait until Monday to get the box. I was toying with buying another couple boxes to try to complete the set, depending on how much I liked the product. 24 packs in a box for 50 bucks. Here's the hits and inserts, in order in which they were pulled:

[Image: Parker.jpg]
Bam! First pack of the box! These black parallels (yes, black according to the pack back...they're platinum...) are #d/5 and fall roughly in every other box. And to pull a Jarrod Parker RC was pretty sweet! I figured I made my money back in the first pack. Next few packs:

[Image: 2.jpg]
Golds are numbered /61, and Golden Moments are the only insert set.

[Image: Drabek3.jpg]
Autos are 1 per 6 boxes. I pulled this about ten packs in. Though there's better than Drabek, they're all doing quite well on the secondary market. I was pretty excited to pull one at all after the Platinum. I figured anything else after this point was icing on the cake.

[Image: ozzie4.jpg]
Woo hoo! The Ozzie for my pc! Mmmmm, icing....

[Image: 5.jpg]
Pulled a Darvish base RC around this point as well.

[Image: plate6.jpg]
At this point I was stunned. The print run is limited, so there are a couple plates in every case, but I couldn't believe I pulled one after the other two hits. It's Ryan Sweeney, by the way.

[Image: 7.jpg]
I was just cruising to the finish line at this point, planning my victory doughnuts, then in the 3rd to last pack:

[Image: trout.jpg]
I guess the plate was the icing on the cake, and this was gold flakes sprinkled on top......I was stunned after the plate, I was giddy after the Trout.

Obviously I was ok with having to wait until Monday for the box. What a box! I think I'm going to have to order a couple more to try to complete the set. Nothing's for trade at the moment because my org subscription is expired, unless someone has some sweet Ozzie to entice me to promptly renew my org. Thanks for looking!

Dan
Nice boxes!!! All sweet cards
Great Break!
those look cool! I saw a few chris sale floating on the bay and I wondered where they were from lol
Ordered two more boxes to complete the set (hopefully). Hope my second set of boxes are as nice as yours! Congrats and thanks for the scans......See waiting just made it sweeter LOL
awesome box dude!!! I'm a huge fan of the '75 mini set, so this product has really peaked my intrest!!Big Grin
(08-14-2012, 07:25 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Ordered two more boxes to complete the set (hopefully).
Same here! I hope I don't come up extremely short, as trading for singles may not be too easy.
I bought two boxes at the national so I am thinking of putting the set together. I dont have anything entered but would trade my doubles for ones in need. Also looking at trading my gold cards for any Tigers gold.

I'm not building a set so if anyone needs any check my org for trades. It helps if you have anything Nolan Ryan that I need but I'll look for anything I can trade/gift to a 3rd party for what you want.
I'll hit you up after I open my other boxes, hopefully I don't need many! I'm going to do the Golden Moments set as well, which I know I'll be well short on since it's 50 cards.
Pages: 1 2