Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Greatest Favre Card EVER In My Hands - Come in LL4 and Favre Fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Soooo, I was visiting a great member here - UWash97 - to give him his "Pay It Forward" package in person since I was already on my way to San Diego. He showed me his AMAZING Favre collection, as well as TTM autographs of some greats like Lawrence Taylor, Tom Landry, and Derrick Thomas. After drooling over the 300+ Favre Autos, Mem and Auto Mems, he pulls out 2 cards that are on my whale list - one of which I have never seen. I can honestly say, THANK YOU Jay, for allowing me to hold what will probably be the only time I ever hold or see this card again! Thanks for allowing me to share my friend. Without further ado....the EXTREMELY rare...
1991 Wild Card 1000 Stripe Favre RC!!
[Image: IMAG0923.jpg]

And for those wondering, next to it is the 1991 Stadium Club SuperBowl XXVI card in really great condition!
I'm kinda still looking for the Marino SB card... dont think ill ever find it... GREAT find!
Wow the 1000 stripe. Dang. My Dad is trying to find the Emmitt ones. So I know how hard it is to find those things.
(08-11-2012, 12:05 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: [ -> ]I'm kinda still looking for the Marino SB card... dont think ill ever find it... GREAT find!
Don't think Marino was in the SB XXVI set - doesn't come up on Beckett's registry either
Two must haves for a true Favre collector.
Good stuff.
Never get tired of seeing those beauties
WOW!! Those are two friggin sweet a$$ cards!!! I cant believe you got to go thru his Favre pc!! I've been wanting to see it ever since I knew he was a real Favre fan! I've seen glimpses of his pc on here, but to see & experiance the entire thing first hand.......... YOU LUCKY DOG YOU!!!!

ps...... uwash, I highly encourage you to work tirelessly, putting in endless hours day after day after day, to put together your Favre pc so we (well, mainly me, lol) can begin our drool fest!! Thank you in advance my friend!! Big Grin
(08-11-2012, 11:34 AM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: [ -> ]WOW!! Those are two friggin sweet a$$ cards!!! I cant believe you got to go thru his Favre pc!! I've been wanting to see it ever since I knew he was a real Favre fan! I've seen glimpses of his pc on here, but to see & experiance the entire thing first hand.......... YOU LUCKY DOG YOU!!!!

ps...... uwash, I highly encourage you to work tirelessly, putting in endless hours day after day after day, to put together your Favre pc so we (well, mainly me, lol) can begin our drool fest!! Thank you in advance my friend!! Big Grin
Haha I'm telling you, simply one of the greatest Favre PCs I've ever seen or heard of - I wanna drive down again and spend hours going through the rest of it, maybe even bring my scanner and scan it all in for him just it could shown off! Smile
(08-11-2012, 11:48 AM)mattfastiggi Wrote: [ -> ]Haha I'm telling you, simply one of the greatest Favre PCs I've ever seen or heard of - I wanna drive down again and spend hours going through the rest of it, maybe even bring my scanner and scan it all in for him just it could shown off! Smile
If you scan it all for him, I'm sure we would both forever be in your debt, lol. For the longest time, I always thought I had the biggest baddest Favre pc on the block....... but after seeing even just tid bits of what he has.... I now feel really small and inferior. Sad lol
Matt, you're welcome back any time, my friend. You saw most of the best stuff, and yet you barely scratched the surface! I know there are better collections out there, but for me it's been 20 years of OCD fun. And I would be in your debt if you scanned it for me, LOL! And I'm glad I showed you the TTM binder because frankly I had forgotten about some of those guys like Landry and the original LT! Going to try to hit the PSA/DNA booth at Frank & Sons on the 18th!

LL4 believe me I want to get them all scanned but finding the time has been difficult. Plus, I recently saw HTOutlaw's Barry Sanders collection and reveled in the awesomeness of scanning both the front AND back. Now I'm considering that... Twice the work, but pretty darn sweet. Big project for sure. Anyway I actually have most of the autos scanned into photobucket (fronts only at this point) and when I finish with that I'll post them up!
(08-11-2012, 07:59 PM)uwash97 Wrote: [ -> ]Matt, you're welcome back any time, my friend. You saw most of the best stuff, and yet you barely scratched the surface! I know there are better collections out there, but for me it's been 20 years of OCD fun. And I would be in your debt if you scanned it for me, LOL! And I'm glad I showed you the TTM binder because frankly I had forgotten about some of those guys like Landry and the original LT! Going to try to hit the PSA/DNA booth at Frank & Sons on the 18th!

LL4 believe me I want to get them all scanned but finding the time has been difficult. Plus, I recently saw HTOutlaw's Barry Sanders collection and reveled in the awesomeness of scanning both the front AND back. Now I'm considering that... Twice the work, but pretty darn sweet. Big project for sure. Anyway I actually have most of the autos scanned into photobucket (fronts only at this point) and when I finish with that I'll post them up!
Yeah, I know that's gonna be a monumental task to scan 6000+ Favre's .... front AND back! Good luck with that my friend! But I will certainly be waiting like a giddy little school girl on Christmas morning for your Favre pc thread to arrive!
Pages: 1 2