Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Thank you Alan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get home today and I mailman is right behind me so I met him half way up my driveway and he hands me the mail. I see there is a bubble mailer with my name on it. I wasn't expecting anything for about another week or so. I look at the return address and it's from Alan. I'm thinking to myself did I make a trade and completely forget about it? I go inside and open up the package and I pull out a letter. The letter was filled with kind words and wishing me a happy birthday. Also he got me something as I wait for my picture to come back framed. I look back in the package and I find this.

Ryan Miller

This made my day today. We have so many great traders and this is one of the reasons why I will always come back to this is site is because of people like Alan. I was lost for words when I saw this and the letter.

Alan, I want to thank you for the kind gesture and words. It really made my day. I am glad to call you my friend and to have the privilege to have made so many trades with you. I am truly thankful.
Nick,

This is such a great story and amazing act of kindness! Al has always been a great member of this community and I am glad that we can all call him a friend. Awesome stuff like this makes this the best place for collectors to interact and trade with each other. Great work, Al and a fantastic add to the collection! Congrats to the both of you!

Randi
Very nice act of kindness, these sorts of things make this such a wonderful community.
Great Job AL!!!! Its generosity as such that makes the members on this board the best around! Congrats on getting such a great card for your PC!
sweet Miller and very nice thing that Alan did
Happy Birthday and what a great site we have.
You're welcome my friend. The card's only a little placeholder, but your story gives it life and your reaction brings me joy…truly. It's been said already: we have a glut of members on these boards who set the bar very high, often without fanfare. The generosity of spirit here is humbling. And I'm glad to have found a way to try and express my appreciation for your part in that.

...plus, dude, your birthday's coming up. There are very few times in the year when people give you free stuff and instead of wondering "what's the catch," you're allowed to think to yourself, "hrm, yeah that's about right." ; )
AL, my birthday is coming up soon!!!! Just kidding. GREAT STORY. THAT IS WHY I LOVE THE BECKETT COMMUNITY!!!!!
(08-11-2012, 01:00 AM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: [ -> ]You're welcome my friend. The card's only a little placeholder, but your story gives it life and your reaction brings me joy…truly. It's been said already: we have a glut of members on these boards who set the bar very high, often without fanfare. The generosity of spirit here is humbling. And I'm glad to have found a way to try and express my appreciation for your part in that.

...plus, dude, your birthday's coming up. There are very few times in the year when people give you free stuff and instead of wondering "what's the catch," you're allowed to think to yourself, "hrm, yeah that's about right." ; )
That last part is very true. I look at it as every needs something to open on their birthday. Whether it's something small or big. Just something that brings joy to them. This card definitely brings me joy.