Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: anyone here got an eye for grading?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as in,

would anyone here be able to make suggestions on what i should send in to be graded, and what i shouldn't? if i provide many pics on edges, corners
Post some pics and I'll give my personal suggestion.
Hey man, the only advice I can give you is that if you can see a defect, they will definitely notice it. Take them out of holders and look at them as close as possible. If it's your first submission, you'll get a better eye for future orders.
I say, if it is for your PC, send anything in. It will not be going anywhere, and then you know if you have to shoot higher for a better version to make yourself content. Heck, you may pile up multiple versions of some cards in your collection, but if you have, for example, five graded RCs of your favorite player while you search for an elusive 9.5, would that not be cool?

Jonathan
(08-08-2012, 10:39 AM)jonathani Wrote: [ -> ]I say, if it is for your PC, send anything in. It will not be going anywhere, and then you know if you have to shoot higher for a better version to make yourself content. Heck, you may pile up multiple versions of some cards in your collection, but if you have, for example, five graded RCs of your favorite player while you search for an elusive 9.5, would that not be cool?

Jonathan
This is what I do. 8.5/above or authenticate for all of my pc. It's hard to give a good opinion with scans or worse off camera pics as we can't tell if there's surface issues, dinged up card or just scanner dust/etc. generally a lot of dark bordered cards have edge issues so they don't hit you as hard there as you'd imagine (unless real bad).. Throw some scans up (don't crop to the edges though) and id be willing to help to the best of my ability (without card in hand) as well.
I would help you but I don't help Carmelo Anthony fans with anything.
really stormy?

haters gonna hate. new account and first post gotta be hating on something?

krayzie and kenarm. thanks for offering to help. ill get some scans of the ones im thinking of sending in. either put them in this post or in a PM sometime today.