Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: After Nearly Two Years...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...of collecting Halak I have been able to hit a few great milestones thanks to the HUGE integrity of the traders here in the Beckett Community! My recent trades with Nate (madmack29), Benny (icetigersfan) Richard (titan51ca) and Micah (x5ofspades) have brought me over the 150 card mark in my Jaroslav Halak PC. Also trades with Adam (Silver08x), Stephan (opcfan) and Nate (dragik) have brought me some new traders to maybe land some more Halak cards with. Haha!

This community has been stellar with it's integrity, loyalty and friendship towards so many and I can't thank you all enough for the great times and friendships that I can count on here. Hugh's previous thread thanking me for the gift that I sent to him shows how much this community comes together and helps one-another out. I am so grateful to be a part. Now on to the show! Big Grin

First off, some traders that I have picked up:

1994-95 Upper Deck SP-Mario Lemieux; 2009-10 Upper Deck Victory Gold-John Tavares; 2011-12 ITG Enforcers Autographs-Gino Odjick; 2010-11 Playoff Contenders-Marcus Johansson AU/RC; 2011-12 Artifacts-Alexei Emelin Redemption RC #377/699; 2011-12 Certified Mirror Gold Patch-Mikko Koivu #25/25, 2011-12 Certified Mirror Gold Autographs-Carey Price #17/25; 2011-12 Elite-Eric Gudbranson AU/RC Redemption; 2011-12 Parkhurst Champions Mini Autographs-Adam Oates

[Image: HockeyCards001.jpg][Image: HockeyCards002.jpg][Image: HockeyCards003.jpg][Image: HockeyCards004.jpg][Image: HockeyCards005.jpg][Image: HockeyCards005.jpg][Image: HockeyCards006.jpg][Image: HockeyCards007.jpg][Image: HockeyCards008.jpg]
[Image: HockeyCards009.jpg]

All of these cards should be in my Org. and marked For Trade. If not and you are interested in trading, please let me know. Now on to the PC items!

2010-11 Dominion Jersey Prime Patch-Jaroslav Halak #2/25; 2010-11 Score-Jaroslav Halak HL, 2010-11 Score-Jaroslav Halak HL; 2011-12 Black Diamond-Jaroslav Halak; 2011-12 Limited Crease Cleaners Silver Spotlight-Jaroslav Halak #9/49; 2011-12 Limited Crease Cleaners Materials-Jaroslav Halak #3/99

[Image: HockeyCards011-1-1.jpg][Image: HockeyCards012-1.jpg][Image: HockeyCards013-2.jpg][Image: HockeyCards014.jpg][Image: HockeyCards015.jpg][Image: HockeyCards016.jpg]

Not too shabby!

Now, there is another reason for my title. During my time here I have met so many amazing people and can call any of them friends. Many have gone out of their way to help my PC (Mark, Hugh, Walt, Nate, etc.) in a huge way and I am eternally grateful for that. This next card brings another one of these great friends into the spotlight. Craig (skelscardclozzit), who has been MIA over the past while (he has acquired a new job and has become very busy lately... congrats to him!!!) went WAY out of his way to help me land this card! I nearly fell out of my chair when I FINALLY saw it come up on eBay, and Craig would have NOTHING other than for me to have it. He let me use his eBay account (seeing as I had no PayPal and he was predisposed) to make sure that I won this for my PC. It cost WAY less than I would have guessed and I am eternally joyous and honored at his integrity with this!

At long last, my search is DONE!!!
2007-08 Be A Player-Jaroslav Halak RC #87/99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: HockeyCards010-1-2.jpg]

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!!

I am still in awe of the amazing gesture that Craig has put forth to me! Also, I am shocked to realize just how long it has taken me to land this card! The only other Halak collector that I know had landed his (after THREE years of looking) earlier this year too (lucky bugger got the jersey number #41/99). Though... he DID have to give up over $100 BV in Carey Price cards. I would have done the same thing, but I got really lucky! This is a true testament to the true quality of the traders here in the Beckett Community! Thank you all for making this a great place to spend some time every day!

All comments are welcomed and appreciated. If you are interested in trading, please drop me a line here, send me a PM or a trade offer. I only trade using the Trade Tool, so please have your Org. ready! Thank you for stopping by. Best wishes!

Randi
Awesome mail day Randi!! Congrats on finally landing the sought after BAP RC. The great people on these boards NEVER cease to amaze me.
Awesome achievement my friend!!! I am happy that you were able to land that Whale for your PC!!! Great show!!

I am just hoping we let vokoun go and acquire Halak, just so I can see you collect Pens cards!!! hahaha-hehehehe

Speaking of friendships...Im actually headed up to Orlando Sunday to meet up with Walt during his vaction with his son to the many parks Floridda has to offer! should be a fun day!

Congrats again!

Excellent, superb, outstanding, are a few words that only begin to describe the beckett community. A fantastic story of the hobbies camaraderie.
Congrats Randi on your Halak addition.
GOOD JOB IT IS NICE TO SEE COLLECTORS DOING WHAT WE ARE ALL HERE FOR HELP,FIND,TRADE,COLLECT...... THAT 94/95 UD SP WAS THE TOUGHEST SET TO PUT TOGETHER.
sweet rc Randi, congrats on the mile stone.!
Congrats man!
way to go man!
Nice haul, Randi! Thanks again for the generous trade.
Congrats on the Whale landing. And kudos to Craig for assisting Randi with his quest!!!
Pages: 1 2