Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1/1 autos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I was looking on ebay and seeing all these 1/1 baseball autos that are going for ridiculously high prices. why do people think just because they have a "1/1" auto that all of the sudden its worth thousands of dollars. makes no sense at all. Of course any auto is going to be a 1/1 because no two signatures are the same. just because upper deck only released one doesnt mean a thing at all. without the upper deck case its still just a cut signature. people dont buy the case theyre buying the autograph and paying way to much. the people that think these 1/1's are somehow better than a regular cut auto need some serious help
ummm... are you new to the hobby? Which would you think would be more valuable... a non numbered pujols auto or a pujols 1/1 auto? I would like to hear your answer.
The 1/1 means the card itself is more rare, not the autograph. Of course, the autograph can't be "rarer" unless it has a certain inscription or something. It's the same reason a superfractor sells more than a base card, there's only 1 superfractor but millions of base cards
im not talking about auto cards, im talking about cut autographs.
So if i put my cut auto in a case and label it 1/1 does that mean all of the sudden its worth thousands more???? I get the fact that upper deck only decided to release one of the autos and make it a 1/1 but any real auto collector doesnt buy based on the case, they buy the auto and most of the 1/1 autos look terrible compared to a non "1/1"
this is the dumbest thread ever
For cut items the 1/1 thing is just a marketing gimmick for men LOL, it's the equivalent of running a shoe sale. A while back someone was trying to pass off a tennis racket signed by Kobe Bryant as a 1/1.
(07-14-2012, 03:07 PM)chiefsncards275 Wrote: [ -> ]this is the dumbest thread ever
then whyd you respond....lol.....and 1/1 cut autos are the dumbest thing ever. every auto is a 1/1
(07-14-2012, 02:44 PM)blackitalian Wrote: [ -> ]im not talking about auto cards, im talking about cut autographs.
So you're talking about cut autograph cards. It's still a card! The 1/1 is the rarity of the card, not the autograph
first of all not EVERY cut auto is a 1/1 the guy right above me hit it right on
So my smeared Justin Verlander (Bowman Chrome) and Billy Butler (Topps Finest) 1st year cards are 1 of 1 autographs....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5