Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I have a BONE to pick with UD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well guys and gals, I made a great trade a few months back with TonySmart. My part of the trade was a redemption card from Parkhurst, Artifacts and Fossils. Well just got back in town from another business trip and this is what showed up in the mail from Upper Deck.....

[Image: img359.jpg]

Mastadon Toe Bone

The scan does not do it justice. It's a great piece. I really was hoping for a Roman coin, but this is really nice. Not sure if I will end up keeping it just yet.

Thanks for the look and comments welcomed and appreciated.

Also remember guys I am leaving on Monday for vacation to Orlando, so no trades till I get back after the 25th.
Awesome pick up Walt congrats on the card. Have fun down in Orlando.
Nice pick up. I tried to guess the meaning of the thread from the title...I was almost there.
AWESOME card Walt!! That is a really unique card to add to your PC!......See you next sunday in Orlando!!
1 - That is insanely nice! Congrats!

2 - I find it kind of funny when people get upset that a HoFer's jersey gets cut up instead of hanging in a museum when no one says a thing about these cards.

3 - Why did UD start putting these into Champ's instead of, oh, I don't know, ARTIFACTS?!?!?!?!?!?! Seems like a wasted marketing opportunity to me.

4 - Again, I'm jealous.
If ur intrested check my buckwt for a trade.......
Great card Walt. Is that card about 3/4 inch think.
(07-13-2012, 05:50 PM)wickabee Wrote: [ -> ]1 - That is insanely nice! Congrats!

2 - I find it kind of funny when people get upset that a HoFer's jersey gets cut up instead of hanging in a museum when no one says a thing about these cards.

3 - Why did UD start putting these into Champ's instead of, oh, I don't know, ARTIFACTS?!?!?!?!?!?! Seems like a wasted marketing opportunity to me.

4 - Again, I'm jealous.
It is a nice card indeed and something that I am sure you are very happy to have.

As for #2, when the Champ's product first came out, I was one of a vocal minority actively boycotting the product for destroying historical relics for the purpose of entertainment.

Jersey cutting is a much smaller issue as many players have gone through countless jerseys in their careers.
My personal philosophy is "it's just stuff" and that goes for historical relics and the like. It's good to find and preserve such things, but honestly, it's buried for a reason (that's not a popular view, I know). I'm actually more upset about #3. What a wasted opportunity.

Kind of like how that show "Fish" should have played right before "CHiPS"...I mean the marketing writes itself!
I have heard people give bad comments on cards like that but it is probably because they have not pulled one I am fortunate to have three two were from trades with friends and the one that I received from Upper Deck is my most prized coveted card in my pc I can not speak highly enough about Upper Deck about the inclusion of those cards....how often can one say I have an actual piece of Mastodon Toe awesome card pens1fan CONGRATS!I hope you don't mind me posting my card there are few times I can get a chance to post such a beauty......93 to 100 year old .....card is 3/4 inch thick
[Image: dino3.jpg]
Pages: 1 2