Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Need help Gretzky Rookie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need expert help real or not
[Image: f7e2fe48.jpg]

[Image: 72b7955a.jpg]

I'm nervous about it.

Thanks ahead of time
I'm not an expert at all, but where it says "1979 Topps...", I would imagine it would be from that set. Do not take my word for it, but that's my guess.
Unless it the way you scan is coming through I would say it is a fake. They tended to have what appeared to be liitle black dots on the card most notable where the boards are behind him.
It definitely doesn't look like that, I don't know why the front view is coming off that way, once I looked at the scan thats what made me nervous, the back looks fine. I hope it is my scanner
The only way to tell is to have the card in hand, look at it under a magnifying glass or loupe, and see what the dpi (dots per inch) are, or to send it in to Beckett and have them grade it to authenticate it.

You cannot tell by looking at a scan shown on the internet, no matter how badly some people think they can, they can't (Same thing goes for Autographs, unless it is something really blatant) People steal scans from other people, who could have stolen it from someone else. etc... so the card in the scan could be totally different than what you pay for.

this is why you should never, ever buy high end vintage cards on ebay, etc..... at an LCS, you can hold it and look at it through a loupe, and beckett's have numerous times printed in their Mags how to tell the difference between counterfeit and real cards when it comes to vintage stuff (1990 and older.)
I have this in hand, not from the Internet after using my scanner I got nervous about it. It looked fine with a magnifying glass I don't have a loupe,(maybe I should get one now). But thank you guys for the help
I would go with the grading process to find out. Maybe with a Maalox chaser if you are that nervous. :-)
See here's where I run into another problem, I don't trust the grading process much either when it comes to grades but I might just send it in to make sure it is authentic. After carefully looking all day and reading as much info as possible I'm about 95% sure it's real.
(07-04-2012, 12:57 AM)apisano Wrote: [ -> ]See here's where I run into another problem, I don't trust the grading process much either when it comes to grades but I might just send it in to make sure it is authentic. After carefully looking all day and reading as much info as possible I'm about 95% sure it's real.
here, I hope this helps you

http://sportscardinfo.wordpress.com/2008...-for-sale/

And what part of Western PA are you in?
Beaver Falls
Pages: 1 2