Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Discussion about 2012 Draft Pick Redemptions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does everybody think about the 2012 draft pick redemptions? I've been looking to pick up the 4 Tar Heels and dont know what kind of value to put on them to offer. Not many have been sold on ebay except when the product was released. These arent auto'ed but are they considered XRC's? Theres also no print run ive found through my searches so how hard would it be to find one in a few months when the product isnt being opened as much? lol I'd love some responses and opinions on these!!!
Well this has been a good discussion lol. Anybody think 30 is too much for a Barnes redemption? im torn.
IDK about these until I see them. I cant see them staying at the price they've been at. They are just base RC. There are plenty out there. Im gonna wait. Its not like everyone will be dying for an MKG rookie anyways besides us few Bobcat fans. That is unless he blows up and is waaay better than Im expecting. But I dont see that happenening. Even if he did turn stud, it is the bobcats.
I dont see these holding too much value..except maybe the Davis depending on how he plays...

Once the new product comes out these will be forgotten especially with no auto or serial number...
(07-02-2012, 12:52 PM)arod1973 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont see these holding too much value..except maybe the Davis depending on how he plays...

Once the new product comes out these will be forgotten especially with no auto or serial number...
Yup. I think since these are redemptions, preople are thinking they are autoed or something. Its just a base rc you're spending $80+ on. SMH.
I just sold my redemption for the Anthony Davis yesterday and got more than I would have paid for it even if it were a Pistons card. Smile It was more than 50% BV and will allow me to get a few things I need/want (hoping one thing I want is still there when the funds become available).

Personally, I'm not too fond of them which is why I'm debating on going after the redemption or just waiting for them to be redeemed, then go after one. That way I know what it looks like, IF it's serial numbered, etc. I know they won't be AU, so I'm not spending $20 on one. Smile
According to the most recent Beckett Basketball issue (and I'm paraphrasing here) that it depends on how the cards are numbered and the design on front on whether or not it would be eligible for an XRC tag by Beckett.

The cards would never be tagged RC for rookie card though, given they are redemption cards and a rookie card has to be within the base product able to be pulled directly out of packs/boxes.

(06-30-2012, 01:46 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: [ -> ]What does everybody think about the 2012 draft pick redemptions? I've been looking to pick up the 4 Tar Heels and dont know what kind of value to put on them to offer. Not many have been sold on ebay except when the product was released. These arent auto'ed but are they considered XRC's? Theres also no print run ive found through my searches so how hard would it be to find one in a few months when the product isnt being opened as much? lol I'd love some responses and opinions on these!!!
I was gonna get all the Tar Heels but I asked Tracy Hackler on twitter if they would be in Limited and Gold Standard too and he said they were so I think im just gonna wait till gold standard since it will prob be the best looking card of the 3 versions.