Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: bowman hit issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everyone,

has anyone else not been getting the hits they are supposed to out of 2012 bowman...i bought 2 jumbo boxes and 4 regular hobby boxes so far and out of one jumbo box i only got 2 autos and the last regular hobby box i didnt get an auto at all....i mailed the jumbo proof of purchase in and got an auto back yesterday....joe benson...wooohooo...lol....it is leaving a bad taste in my mouth....anyone else had similar problems?
This also happened to a guy in a shop that I had went to the other day. Maybe they made too many 4 auto Jumbos or 2 hit Hobbies and forgot some boxes just need 1. LOL. at least you got a replacement card.
Same happened to me. I also reported it to Topps. I think this is pretty widespread, but they will send something.

Anyone know how they go about this? I mean whose getting a Yu as a replacement?
Actually, I am glad you said something. I was shorted one auto in my Jumbo box as well and forgot about it until just now! :-)
they were very friendly about it at topps but no one is buying boxes of bowman to get shorted an auto and then get a terrible card in its place....how does anyone know if a Darvish or some other superfractor or refractor was supposed to be in that box....its discouraging to the average collector that cant spend thousands on cases to get a great pull....but yes topps will replace the missing auto as long as you send a reciept and proof of purchase off the bottom of the box....hopefully you get something better than a Joe Benson auto!!!!
Good luck getting ur hits