Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Anybody want in on these prospect cards? He hit 7 3B and 3HR in 21 Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: GetPreview.ashx?ds=634750124429070000&BO...TID=289829]

Smile I love that Topps does this. And I hope he continues to love baseball he had an amazing t-ball season.

52 AB 48 H 20 2B 7 3B 3HR 51RBI 37R in 21 games Oh and a cool .923 batting average and a 1.750 slugging percentage.

Couln't be prouder. He is a McCann fan (can't blame him there), so he wore #16 and not #14.
Awesome. I am hoping Topps is still doing this next year. I am going to try and get into coaching a little league team and this would be an awesome end of season type of thing. I remember one of the other kids on my team when I was younger was a photographer and he did something like this for use. I still have those little cards from when I was like 9.
(06-22-2012, 02:13 PM)ohioarmy05 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome. I am hoping Topps is still doing this next year. I am going to try and get into coaching a little league team and this would be an awesome end of season type of thing. I remember one of the other kids on my team when I was younger was a photographer and he did something like this for use. I still have those little cards from when I was like 9.
I know Topps has been doing it since 09 so I am sure they will keep going. I bought the digital rights off of our teams photographer for this picture. It is a bit expensive though. $14.50 +Shipping for only 10 cards.

Coaching wasn't as much fun as I would have liked. I think when he does coach pitch next year I will just sit on the sidelines and enjoy the game.
Coaching is a great experience but at that age it is as frustating as herding a group of cats.
(06-22-2012, 02:19 PM)jasonmj Wrote: [ -> ]It is a bit expensive though. $14.50 +Shipping for only 10 cards.
A Braves prospect hitting .923 - first ever card - BV should be at least 20-30 on that card (if not more)!

10 for about $2 bucks apiece is a great deal!!
(06-22-2012, 02:28 PM)yankeescop Wrote: [ -> ]Coaching is a great experience but at that age it is as frustating as herding a group of cats.
Amen! (we need a like button or something)!

That and the parents want me to be able to turn their kids into players like my son in 10 practices that last just 45 min. While hearding the 11 other cats! Smile

Oh and the post game interviews.....(with the parents)

"Do you think my son should play pitcher?"
"No, he doesn't pay attention on Defense"
"But he would if he were closer to the action."
"No, it doesn't work that way. He would just be closer to the balls off of the players bats"

"Don't you think you should raise the Tee stand for my son?"
"No, I already chest high on your insistance. You need to work on leveling his swing, not changing the ball height up"
"But at home he hits them further when the Tee is higher"
"No, he hits them higher.....do me a favor....measure out 42' in you backyard. That is how far it is to the pitchers mound. I bet the balls he is hitting higher in your back yard are going about that far."

"Do you really think you should have (so and so) lead off last game? He isn't the best hitter on the team."
"No, this is T-Ball, I rotate the batting order so all the kids will get as many at bats as the other players"

"You sent (so and so) home and they tagged him out. Do you regret that?"
"No, If the 3rd Base Coach had let him run when I called him he wouldn't have been tagged out. Also, it still took a perfect throw and catch at the plate to get him....this is T-Ball they got lucky and both happend on the same play."
"But I was the 3rd Base Coach!"
"Yes, and if you had been watching the ball being moved to 1st base instead of your son running to 3rd you probably would have made a better decision on your own and sent him sooner and not waited for me to ask you to send him."

Those post game interviews were brutal for a T-Ball game.
(06-22-2012, 02:35 PM)hellsbells Wrote: [ -> ]A Braves prospect hitting .923 - first ever card - BV should be at least 20-30 on that card (if not more)!

10 for about $2 bucks apiece is a great deal!!
very true! thanks Wink
That's awesome! I coach a little league team and like to make something for my players at the end of the season with their stats. I've been thinking about making cards for the kids, but didn't know how to go about doing that....this is AWESOME!
(06-22-2012, 03:33 PM)rpspenner Wrote: [ -> ]That's awesome! I coach a little league team and like to make something for my players at the end of the season with their stats. I've been thinking about making cards for the kids, but didn't know how to go about doing that....this is AWESOME!
Upper Deck did it first. My 3rd sons Birth Announcements were UD cards Smile

Topps has about 12 designs to choose from.

[Image: 282334_4146895349257_1516473570_n.jpg]

This was him from his first year of T-Ball. He was on the same team as his brother, but only decided he would play after about 7 games had already been played. He still had a great year. I am very proud of him also. (although next years numbers should be better) Smile

[Image: GetPreview.ashx?ds=634750131194700000&BO...TID=289835]
Now have him sign it and stamp that bad boy with a "1/1". :-)
(06-22-2012, 03:49 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: [ -> ]Now have him sign it and stamp that bad boy with a "1/1". :-)
Don't forget the "game used" diper! Ah scratch and sniff....

I love having these cards as memories for the boys...better than scrapbooks....just don't tell my wife I said that.
Pages: 1 2