Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Jordan RC Sticker Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am thinking about sending in my raw Jordan Sticker RC but it has gum residue on the back. I could be wrong, but I once heard that if you use pantyhose and rub the mark gently it comes off. Is this true? Does it scratch the surface at all? It is on the back of the card so not a huge deal, but I assume it would affect the grade. Let me know what you think or know. Thanks in advance.
There is a product called Goo Gone that will take gum off. But if its stained then it might not be worth grading.
(06-09-2012, 12:54 AM)Vols-1 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a product called Goo Gone that will take gum off. But if its stained then it might not be worth grading.
Yeah, I thought of this as well. I wanted to try rubbing it off before I do anything else.
I wouldn't send it in for grading... unless you wanted it to have better protection.. you might mess up the card more if you try to remove the gum stains/residue...

how is the centering? that would drop the grade too... you might get a 6 or 7, just because of bad centering & then surface (gum residue, or any marks you make trying to remove it)...

just my two centers.. I am not familiar with the point breakdown when it comes to grading cards..
(06-09-2012, 04:27 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't send it in for grading... unless you wanted it to have better protection.. you might mess up the card more if you try to remove the gum stains/residue...

how is the centering? that would drop the grade too... you might get a 6 or 7, just because of bad centering & then surface (gum residue, or any marks you make trying to remove it)...

just my two centers.. I am not familiar with the point breakdown when it comes to grading cards..
True, the cheapest way to go is sell the one you have and buy one already graded. Let someone else take the hit for the grading companies ramped up shipping and handling fees.
(06-09-2012, 02:31 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: [ -> ]True, the cheapest way to go is sell the one you have and buy one already graded. Let someone else take the hit for the grading companies ramped up shipping and handling fees.
+1 ... I would do the same with any BGS if it was for my PC.. too much of a gamble... & then finding a buyer to buy the graded card...
(06-09-2012, 02:41 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: [ -> ]+1 ... I would do the same with any BGS if it was for my PC.. too much of a gamble... & then finding a buyer to buy the graded card...
Yeah I just bought a graded version. I was thinking about getting it graded simply to try and recoup some of the money I just spent. But then again it would be $7 just to get it graded which would put me in the hole even more.
I actually tried the pantyhose to remove wax residue from the Ewing sticker out of that set and it worked and ended up graded the surface an 9. If you still feel like getting it graded you could definitely try that, just be very gentle. I wouldnt try the goo-gone though, just sounds like a bad idea because you will still affect the card from moisture from the spray, and that is just counterproductive to what you were trying to do.

Other than that, how is the centering? Do you have a scan of it?
Is this for PC or for sale? If it is PC, just send it in, I think. You do not want to risk messing it up more. If you are planing on selling it, I would still really think about playing with it, but if you were successful it would indeed be worth more, secondarily.

JonathanI
Can u post a pic?
Pages: 1 2