Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: What to buy on the Bay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an extra $100 laying around and i am trying to figure out what product to buy. I am not a big fan of Heritage or stuff like that. I am looking for a good box with Hall of Famers, mem and auto cards. Any suggestions? Thanks for the input in advance.
In my opinion it depends on what type of collector you are.
If you collect only high end I would pick up 2 packs of tribute from your LCS (online and tribute do not go well due to box pickets opening and getting the 3 autos and selling patch packs online).

But if you like singles and want to bust a bunch of packs I think archives is a quality product with nice variety...
Good luck
Artifacts from Upper Deck has 4 hits per box, 3 game used, 1 auto. There are older HOF players that you can get game used or auto of in those boxes. I pulled a Luis Aparicio auto from one of the boxes I opened. They usually run around $45 or so. There's a chance you can get game used or auto's from a HOF player but you may get 4 hits of guys you never heard of. I haven't bought any of the 1997 Artifacts yet but the 1996 ones have been pretty good to me.
Take that 100$ and buy a couple autos of HoF'ers that you would like to collect instead of crossing your fingers and getting an auto of some bum out of a box.
(06-06-2012, 08:31 AM)Krangry Wrote: [ -> ]Take that 100$ and but a couple autos of HoF'ers that you would like to collect instead of crossing your fingers and getting an auto of some bum out of a box.
agree..it might not be as fun but you will be happier in the long run. I learned that a long time ago. I only bust boxes of sets I build like Heritage.