Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Advise on an Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently bought into a break for 10-11 Artifacts Hockey on the bay and actually ended up getting the big pull of the box. The pull was a Emerald Patch card /50 of Patrick Marleau. I was quite happy with what I invested into the break and the great patch on the card. My excitement dwindled when the card came in a envelope(coming from BC Canada). The envelope was almost torn in half and delivered in a USPS bag due to the damage. It was in a top loader and little bit of bubble wrap around it. The card's top left corner has been damaged, obvious crease, has been bend around the patch area (front and back), and other damage to the top edge. I've contacted the member about the issue and hasn't really given me much back as far as his end. He told me to contact USPS with a claim, even though there was no insurance on it. Just curious on your thoughts.
Until it gets to you it is his responsibility. Was it mailed in a plain envelope? If so fill a item not as described claim.
(06-04-2012, 04:36 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: [ -> ]Until it gets to you it is his responsibility. Was it mailed in a plain envelope? If so fill a item not as described claim.
Thanks for the advise we shall see how it turns out.
(06-04-2012, 04:36 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: [ -> ]Until it gets to you it is his responsibility. Was it mailed in a plain envelope? If so fill a item not as described claim.
+1 on that... 100% seller's responsibility to get you the card in the condition described.
Yup, if anything he should be the one to file a claim with with USPS or CP.
I recently had similar damage to a card I won as well.....however, I refused the package, had it returned to the seller and contacted the seller and he promptly refunded my money without any issue.

I had no idea I could refuse the item and it would be sent back....My mailady knows that I collect cards, jerseys and ttms so she looks out for me and informed me of this. Keep it in mind for items you may receive that have damaged envelopes/packages.

Good luck with your situation and have him file the claim!
Exactly what I would do
Well as soon as I filled the claim he responded and gave me a refund so that's a great start, even offered to pay the return shipping.
that sucks!!!

hope it gets solved nicely...
Hope it ends in your favor
Pages: 1 2