Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: MJ Mail Days UPDATED 7/27/12 PICS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
SO AS MANY ARE DOING, I DECIDED TO JUST KEEP A MAIL DAY THREAD GOING.

MORE PICS ADDED ON THE LAST PAGE!

I got home today to find 6 pacakges in the mailbox. I sort of went on a tear last week and got al ot of good deals! A ton of cards that typically sell for slightly under half of book value I got for 25% of book value. For example I got the Skybox Prototype for $7.50 and the Hoops Prototype for $15. I also got the Flying High Tin set for $2.50 and the other tin set for $3. These prices do not include shipping, but for what I paid, shipping costs did not bother me!

As far as the Thunder/Lightning, I got the complete set off one guy. Paid $1-2 per card (excluding the MJ, which I got for $24) and got a deal on shipping.

[Image: b5c9f106.jpg]
[Image: 11c69531.jpg]
[Image: 5f960df1.jpg]
[Image: dbc23497.jpg]
[Image: 976754ab.jpg]
[Image: af39339f.jpg]

Also got these earlier in the week.

[Image: be3332d5.jpg]
[Image: da06a266.jpg]
[Image: 5859ddbb.jpg]
very nice!
(06-01-2012, 11:54 PM)odditycards Wrote: [ -> ]very nice!
Thanks man! Trying to find MJ cards that are more in you realm. Looking for the more random, odd cards like the Prototypes.
(06-01-2012, 11:57 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks man! Trying to find MJ cards that are more in you realm. Looking for the more random, odd cards like the Prototypes.
They seem to be getting harder and harder to find. And pricing going up slowly as they get discovered more. I'm trying to find some of the 3x5 and 5x7 types to complete some sets.

Awesome haul.
As usual, the jealousy rises yet again. I'm fairly certain I love all of those and need all of those, it's a cruel double-edged sword my friend. Awesome pickups!
I had a Jordan 92-93 Fleer "Tony's Pizza" card (right out of the box) that I traded to my buddy ... and have regretted it ever since.

Seeing these reminded me of that.

Holy cow how I miss that era ... $10 boxes of Hoops at Sam's Club, sorting them all night because you got 500+ cards.
(06-02-2012, 12:17 AM)odditycards Wrote: [ -> ]They seem to be getting harder and harder to find. And pricing going up slowly as they get discovered more. I'm trying to find some of the 3x5 and 5x7 types to complete some sets.
Yeah, I am searching for a lot of the foreign cards too. Pretty fun because they are not as common.
(06-02-2012, 12:31 AM)gokings02 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome haul.
Thanks!
(06-02-2012, 01:27 AM)buckunteer Wrote: [ -> ]As usual, the jealousy rises yet again. I'm fairly certain I love all of those and need all of those, it's a cruel double-edged sword my friend. Awesome pickups!
Thanks man! The downfall of buying singles is that you dont bust wax. I havent opened a pack in months! Would rather spend my money and know exactly what I am getting though.
(06-02-2012, 01:50 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]I had a Jordan 92-93 Fleer "Tony's Pizza" card (right out of the box) that I traded to my buddy ... and have regretted it ever since.

Seeing these reminded me of that.

Holy cow how I miss that era ... $10 boxes of Hoops at Sam's Club, sorting them all night because you got 500+ cards.
I still have this card. When I got it I didnt think much of it. Now after seeing its BV I am shocked. Cool card though.
(06-02-2012, 01:52 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I am searching for a lot of the foreign cards too. Pretty fun because they are not as common.

Thanks!

Thanks man! The downfall of buying singles is that you dont bust wax. I havent opened a pack in months! Would rather spend my money and know exactly what I am getting though.

I still have this card. When I got it I didnt think much of it. Now after seeing its BV I am shocked. Cool card though.
How much does it go for? Grabbing a tissue as we speak ...
i recently got a michael jordan sp sample card from 1999 i think if you like that type of card. lmk.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6