Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: NNO pickup, need some help too please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've mostly been hiding out and trying to save some money but I have picked up a few small-ish things in the last week. Top of the list is this:
[Image: Scan136.jpg]
I need it for my set but I don't want it in the PSA case. What is the best way to get these cases cracked?
Also, this leaves me now down to 27 more to finish the 2010 A&G NNO mini set, yay!

✓ 2010 A&G No-Number mini's:
✓ 29 Cole Hamels
✓ 35 John Lackey
✓ 46 Chad Billingsley
✓ 60 Chris Davis
✓ 67 Carl Crawford
✓ 73 Avery Jenkins
✓ 79 James Loney
✓ 85 Yunel Escobar
✓ 101 Mark Buerhle
✓ 105 Copernicus
✓ 129 Gutenberg
✓ 147 Christian Guzman
✓ 158 Mark Teixeira
✓ 173 Jimmy Rollins
✓ 180 Gordon Beckham
✓ 201 Pablo Sandoval
✓ 209 Alex Gordon
✓ 229 Franklin Gutierrez
✓ 232 Hubertus Wawra
✓ 236 Shawn Johnson
✓ 283 Hank Presswood
✓ 314 Ivan Rodriguez
✓ 325 Brett Gardner
✓ 329 Troy Glaus
✓ 338 Francisco Liriano
✓ 344 Derek Holland
✓ 345 Stephen Drew
I've heard that you take pliers to a top corner and then use a flathead screwdriver, but I've never done it myself, since I don't have any slabbed cards and don't plan on having any. I know if you look it up on youtube there are videos for it. And nice pickup for your set. Not too many players left should cost a whole lot either. It seems like you've taken care of plenty of the stars
WOW!!! Nice Pick Up Pete!
There's a video on youtube where a guy shows you how to crack the case properly. It involves banging a single top corner with the back of a screwdriver (several times) until the edge smashes and cracks, then pry it open from there.
Okay, so I nearly jammed a screwdriver into my arm, and it was rusty.
I think I'll try again tomorrow after the wine wears off Smile
And please please, if anyone has any of the ones I need to finish this set I'm paying over BV, well over 2X for most of these!
Hey Pete, nice to see you on here! good luck getting that case open dude! Big Grin